PDA

View Full Version : Sit n Go hand 1 of a 10+1

Stork
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
This hand happened a couple hands in with blinds still at 10/20 and the average stack still around the starting 1500.I don't have the HH so this is by memory

5 handed on pokerroom:

I have KQo UTG and raise to 45 and get called by the button and the big blind.

Flop comes K 7 T with the K and 7 being spades, I don't have any. Pot is 145 now.

BB leads out for 100. I raise 150 more. Button folds and BB calls. Pot now 645.

Turn is an offsuit 5. BB checks, I bet 425. BB calls.
The pot is now 1490.

River brings an offsuit 6 and BB immediately leads out for his stack, around 850ish. I have the same amount. Do I make the call here?

bkbluedevil
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
It smells like a busted flush draw, but who knows. I do think you will be ahead here more than 1/3 of the time so call.

pokerlaw
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
It seems like you are beat, I fold here. I also don't bet the turn.

yeah, maybe he has a flush draw, but he is showing strength on preflop and by calling your RR. I would check this hand down once he calls my PF raise to see it as cheap as I can to find out his holding. plus, your hand is good, but not great.

As to preflop - I fold KQs (or KQo) here. A raise isnt THAT bad, as long as you dont make a habit of raising every time you see KQ, KJ, AJ, 66, etc.

Stork
07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
I folded, BB showed ATo as he took it down.

I know that for some people this is a signature busted flush move, but I didn't really want to call him down without any sort of read. Any random two pair could beat me here, and I didn't want to bust out so early, since I would still have enough chips to play with if I folded.

pokerlaw- you fold KQ and AJ first in in a 5-handed game?

unreal_nh
07-06-2005, 02:33 AM
fold preflop

bmxreed36
07-06-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing KQo in a 5-handed game is perfectly fine.
Unreal.

11t
07-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Firstly, I dislike raising UTG with KQ. I would suggest simply folding here.

Secondly, if you are gonna re-raise him on the flop I would prefer reraising him 3x his original bet, however that is just me and I don't know how valid it is. If you are re-raising him on the flop though I think you gotta excercise pot control and check the turn and be prepared to call a river bet.

I would muck the river with how you played it. I just cannot see one possible hand that villain would play in such a manner that you have beat, however I've made stupider calls (if you looked thru some of my recent posts you'd get the idea).

unreal_nh
07-06-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing KQo in a 5-handed game is perfectly fine.
Unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

on second thought, push pre-flop

Stork
07-06-2005, 02:59 AM
ok, lets put preflop aside for now.

Your point about raising more on the flop is interesting. I didn't want to raise too much because it could make my hand hard to get away from on later streets due to the size of the pot. I tried to raise enough so that it looked legit, and would be efficient to suck some money from draws or worse pairs.

I considered checking the turn, but thought there was a good chance I was in the lead and I wanted to protect my top pair in this decent sized pot (I play too much limit). My other concern though was that checking the turn might set BB up for a profitable river bet/bluff. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to call that, especially if a dangerous river card came. As it turned out he found river bluff anyways, although I think 2nd pair top kicker is a bad hand to do it with unless he knew I had him beat and was betting solely to get me to laydown... oh well.

2callzU
07-06-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that for some people this is a signature busted flush move, but I didn't really want to call him down without any sort of read. Any random two pair could beat me here, and I didn't want to bust out so early, since I would still have enough chips to play with if I folded.

[/ QUOTE ] This is why you fold preflop. If you are gonna play it a raise is the right move. But you got involved without any reads on your opponents with a maniac who put your lonely pair of kings to the test. Fold this preflop everytime on level 1 and 2 UTG. Play it late if at all this early.

Stork
07-06-2005, 03:21 AM
Maybe folding preflop is the best play, but I don't see this as a valid argument. I would've been in the exact same situation with AK here as well. Should I be folding AK UTG 5 handed?

Pete H
07-06-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Your point about raising more on the flop is interesting. I didn't want to raise too much because it could make my hand hard to get away from on later streets due to the size of the pot. I tried to raise enough so that it looked legit, and would be efficient to suck some money from draws or worse pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving him 150:495 odds.
I think that's good enough to call with a flush draw, especially if there are some extra outs.

I'm with 11t and raise about 3 times the original raise.

2callzU
07-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Ak same position? I don't think so. This would have been a much easier call in my opinion. Top pair top kicker and less a chance of your opponent having AA with one already in your hand. AK- top five hand, KQ-isn't

kasey2004
07-06-2005, 06:36 AM
I cant possibly believe how many people are arguing to fold KQ preflop in a 5 handed tourney preflop is fine. i say bet it like 11t was saying 3x blah blah ... the end move looks really suspicious generally desperate attempt by a missed flush draw.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif