PDA

View Full Version : AKo wierd line vs TAG

AdamL
07-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I think the raise on the end might have been excessive but my read was that he would call it with AQ&AJ.

TAG raises in UTG+1, folded to me in MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I 3-bet, rest fold TAG calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TAG bets, I raise, TAG calls.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

TAG checks, I check.

River is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

TAG bets, I raise...

drdre2001mm
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I really don't see the need for checking the turn. I bet the turn and river. Nice hand.

IPSC
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
What about calling his flop bet and hopefully getting him to lead into you on the turn where you will just call his bet?

TAG might think we have TT-KK and were going to encourage him to bet into us on both expensive street if we just call the flop.

closer2313
07-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Calling the flop bet would be a mistake if he was semibluffing a draw, wouldn't it?

drdre2001mm
07-05-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling the flop bet would be a mistake if he was semibluffing a draw, wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely correct. I really don't see what kind of draw villian could have here besides a flush draw and if he does he doesn't have Kd.

IPSC
07-06-2005, 12:18 AM
It would be a small mistake for us; however, wouldn't it give the villian the opportunity to make a bigger mistake that we would profit from on the turn?

AdamL
07-06-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree, I think calling down and betting to a check on the river might be the best option. It's just that the "
call call bet" line is so standard I thought he might fold to the river bet. This way I get .5bb on the flop too.

NAU_Player
07-06-2005, 01:24 AM
my magic cookie cutter says push the turn. when he calls instead of rasing, push the river too.

unless he has AdQd, you dont ever lose this hand. If he does have it, why give a free river??? Charge the possbile draw, charge the lower kicker, or teach him how to play AK. Regardless of what he ends up having you have NO reason not to push him around.

cold_cash
07-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Call the flop, don't raise.

Bet or raise the turn.

Bet the river.

Not betting the turn is a mistake.

If he's got a worse Ace he's likely to call, as he will with a diamond draw.

If you wait until the river the number of hands he'll call with decreases (busted flush draw).

You still end up getting in two bets, (only when he has a made hand, not a draw), but you gave him a free chance to beat you in the process; you also don't give him a chance to call with only 3 outs.