PDA

View Full Version : 2 Red Ks 20+2

Dan Rutter
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
This is level 2 $15-$30 blinds. I have $1,440 in chips.
Villian in this hand has $3,170 in chips, and has shown he is willing to be an idiot. In level one $10-20 he called an UTG raise of $400 with ATo, and needless to say that is were he got most of his chips.

Anyways, he raises it up to $60. I have Kd Kh and reraise to $185. Folded to him, and he raises me to $250. It was a min-raise, and he min-raised coming in, so he probably is fond of the min-raise. I elected to just call.

Flop As 9h 9s

He checks to me, whats my action?

lastchance
07-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Get your money in preflop. Villain's not folding if you keep making non-push raises.

That said, I fire a contuination bet on the flop and shut down from there...

bkbluedevil
07-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Check, and see what happens on the turn. I can't imagine you will get a call from a worse hand here.

Xenod
07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I think I'd definitely lead out with a bet on the flop, he might fold, and if he raises you're probably in trouble and can get away. I really think you should've made another raise pre-flop. You have the second-best starting hand, and a fish willing to raise with you, why let him see a flop?

bkbluedevil
07-05-2005, 11:31 PM
What exactly are you guys trying to accomplish by betting. Getting a worse hand with little chance of outdrawing you to fold?

J-Lo
07-06-2005, 01:29 AM
If you don't bet here, and oponents bets on turn, you're in a guessing game, does he have QQ and think it's good? If you bet here, you take control of the hand... very important

bkbluedevil
07-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Taking control is great, but I think by taking control you have killed the value of kings here because it's unlikly any worse hands are calling. These marginal hands derive a lot of their value from picking off bluffs. Also, if you are going to bet here why are you waiting for a hand like KK to do so, you can pick up this pot in the same way with 27o with about he same bottom line.