PDA

View Full Version : Someone's Been Posting Using My Name, So..

08-31-2001, 06:29 PM
..I'm going to revert to lurker status for awhile, then, possibly, re-emerge under a different handle. I say possibly because I'm disappointed in the lack of responses I've received to most of my 'content' posts, esp. the ones on Stud & Stud Hi/Lo.

I don't put myself in TommyA, JimB, skp's or many others class as either a player or writer, but I'm no fish, in either ring games(of any type) or tourneys. I did appreciate skp & Tom Haley's replies to my "Headsup" post awhile back. I do understand that respect/authority has to be earned, and that this is a semi-moderated forum where David & Mason's 'stamp of approval' carry a lot of weight. I also admit that a couple of posts I've made on the Other Topics forum have been very borderline, tastewise. But, I'm not a racist nor a pedophile.

Anyway, I've enjoyed and learned a lot, about poker, movies, politics, music, etc., from exchanges here and via e-mail with Vince, Mason, skp, JimB, RickN, TommyA, Abe, Fossilman, TomH, JohnC and many others(even Badger & Gary Carson! /images/smile.gif ). Most of you have my e-mail address(it's NOT the one I use on RGP); I know you do, Vince. I'll continue to lurk, and will say hello to Mason, Jim and any others in LV when I get there next week.

But this is the *LAST* post I'll be making under the "BillM" name.

08-31-2001, 06:46 PM
Hey William, I mean Will, I mean Bill or BillM, hey you, I don't know who has been posting under your handle but I can usually tell by your signature that it's you. Doesn't matter. You have been a valued participant on this forum for a long time. I can tell you from experience that lurking sucks. I'm sure you that can remember how many times I quit in the past. Every once in a while Mason pisses me off and I need to let him and everyone else know it. Look how he got even. He gave me a forum! I hate him for that.

I believe that those that just lurk and don't make their presence known through participation are "giving up a lot". It's as true in learning to play poker as it is in learning to talk you gotta say somethin to know if others understand you and if you understand them.

Well enough if that. Do not quit posting. If you need to change your handle go ahead. If you like I'll conduct a "New Name fo BillM contest". How about "Mason Sklansky" or "David the Mason". Hey I'm not making fun here cause I want you to stop posting. Just the opposite. Got it!

Hey I got another idea. Post here on Vince's froum. That way you will always get at least on response.

Vince

08-31-2001, 07:07 PM
BillM,

Go get 'em at Bellagio -- just don't stay up all night this time. Hope to meet you again there someday. Also expect to read your name on final table lists at next years WSOP.

Lurk for a while---then resurface.

Abe

09-01-2001, 04:57 AM
BillM,

Here's a couple: Wince O'PoorMe; Nick Chianti; UKW; Enrique Jones; Lilly Belly Smith (an actual name; I'm not making this up, Murray;) Ignatz Ratskynatsky; Elwood P. Dowd; and, finally, Fortinbras Armstrong.

Look forward to more movie reviews.

John

P.S. I was wondering what was up with those posts on the Other Topics forum.

09-01-2001, 05:32 AM
"P.S. I was wondering what was up with those posts on the Other Topics forum."

Yeah, sheesh, me too. I was trying hard to give Bill the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe he was just pushing the envelope of poster performance art or something. Glad things are right with the world again.

09-01-2001, 09:45 AM
"Wince O'PoorMe; "

I don't think that's funny John. How a bout "Cole the Iyoungerwisher". Or "John QTlover". Or "ItsMary'sfault Ilost". I like someof those.

Vince

09-01-2001, 02:06 PM
Vince,

I like those, too. Of course, my suggestion was meant as flattery. I just like the rhyme; it's certainly not an indication of either your playing style, attitude, or persona.

Love,

John

09-01-2001, 06:22 PM
Boy, the cynic raises his scruffy head for one post and snick, off it comes.

Hey John, I actually knew (or met) the following:

Peter Rabbit

Candy Barr

Crystal Dick

Bunny Lamb

talk about child abuse, eh?

all the best,

Murray