PDA

View Full Version : Stud vs Hold'em

Buccaneer
07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I am thinking about cooling it in hold'em for a while. The more I learn the more players there are that either go to the river and never muck a hand or think that the first person to go all in preflop is entitled to the hand. In otherwords it is getting a bit tiresome.
I don't mind spending time studying stud. For right now I need to feel like I am elimitating the idiot factor by spending time working on my game. I am not getting this feeling with hold'em except in tourneys.
Luck is to big of a factor for me in most hold'em situations. I seem to beable to cover the rake but that is about it.
You guys that play or have played both, what do you think of the difference? Do you think that I will find the qualities that I am looking for in stud?

sexdrugsmoney
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
How I actually found Stud was getting sick of the Community aspect of Hold'em which has a tremendous ability to at time unfairly favour the lucky.

Stud was such a nice change that *my* cards were *mine* and *yours* were *yours*, not "we share Ace, but oh that 6 helped you to two pair on the river and beat my AK, gee" /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Since playing Stud I love the game and would rather play it than Hold'em anyday.

Unfortunately the most profitable games to learn these days seem to be Omaha (because of the influx of Hold'em players who don't know how to play it properly) and Hold'em.

To wrap up a long post, learn Stud, its a beautiful game.

Cheers,
SDM

Andy B
07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Well, the only way you make money is from your opponents mistakes, so I'd say you're looking for the wrong thing. The idiot factor is what pays the bills. People stay until the river in stud too, probably moreso than in hold'em, so I doubt you're going to find it any less frustrating.

Get 7CS4AP, play some, and post some hands.