PDA

View Full Version : hand vs sfer

bakku
07-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Wynn 15/30 5-handed

Ok, this is a HUSH hand but I feel it belongs in here. Dave has been raising light preflop (like he should at this table) and is value betting the [censored] out of the table postflop. and by value betting the [censored] out of the table, i mean betting all the way with any 2 cards because these people are folding way too much.

Dave raises UTG, CO poster calls, button calls, SB calls, I call in the BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. (5 for 10SB)

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Dave bets, everyone folds to me, I call. (HU for 6BB)

Turn is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, I bet.

handsome
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
You gave his read of the table but what does he think of you? Does he respect you? If so I think this play is fairly standard

Derek in NYC
07-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Great. I love the donk on the turn HU OOP given the double threat board (aces, eights). If raised, you have outs. The only real question in my mind is whether you should checkraise this.

cold_cash
07-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I think the bet is fine because it's tough for him to raise and he might fold a hand like 77.

The tricky part is what are you going to if he calls your turn bet and you miss on the river?

sweetjazz
07-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Depending how aggressive he has been and what your image is here, I would strongly consider 3-betting here if raised. That would look an awful lot like trips. OTOH, this becomes an expensive bluff into a small pot, so it has to work a lot for it to be a good play. So you would need a solid read to make this play, but I think it is worth considering.

oreogod
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
If he raises, Id be tempted to three bet it.

Klepton
07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
you're gonna get raised by sfer about 100% of the time here

oreogod
07-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I was kind of hoping thats part of the OPs plan. We shall see....

slavic
07-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Why not just play this hand like you have a pair. Checkraise the flop and pressure the turn(especially with the rest of the table texture). If you hit your ace on the turn he knows you'll check raise him, so I think your semibluff gets raised more than it gets called or just folded, and you may very well have 20 something outs here.

QTip
07-05-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that good or bad? What would your plan have been in the hand thus far.

I think this thread will be toggled before it's all over.

mr pink
07-05-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is A , I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

planning on 3-betting? that would rule.

elindauer
07-06-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was sfer, I think I'd be insulted. Perhaps somewhat proud of the fear I've obviously instilled in some of my opponents, but mostly insulted.

-Eric

Klepton
07-06-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was sfer, I think I'd be insulted. Perhaps somewhat proud of the fear I've obviously instilled in some of my opponents, but mostly insulted.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer's going to the river with any pair against a 2p2er who is at the same table, with the same race, and the same "relaxing" attitude towards playing poker on vacation until another 2p2er tries to bluff him outta a pot.

bakku
07-06-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer's going to the river with any pair against a 2p2er who is at the same table, with the same race, and the same "relaxing" attitude towards playing poker on vacation until another 2p2er tries to bluff him outta a pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were playing serious against each other. Also, this isn't a limit I can afford to screw around at /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

elindauer
07-06-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer's going to the river with any pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this is true, which I doubt but concede I can't know, there's a huge difference between going to the river w/ any pair, and raising 100% of the time. Remember that the read here is that sfer has been raising light and betting everything postflop.

-Eric

cold_cash
07-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Yeah, I doubt he's going to showdown with any pair here, but I could be wrong. It's tough to call this down w/ 66 and the like.

Also, if Bakku had an 8 I'm sure it wouldn't surprise anybody to see a bet/3-bet type of turn deal (which is why there have been a couple advocates for 3-betting if sfer raises).

I like the bet. I don't think it's raised anywhere near 100% of the time, and it gives us another way to win the pot.

DawnToDusk
07-06-2005, 02:21 AM
I don't think a check raise would be that smart of a play here. If Dave isn't drawing dead at this point he could call profitably for one more bet with a lot of hands. I think leading out will more than likely make Dave rethink his hand and help push him off rather than a check raise will.

gaming_mouse
07-06-2005, 02:41 AM
hey mike,

you have a showdown hand here even UI, IMO, and i don't like having to pay 3 pay more bets. i think dave bluff raises often enough that calling down after you miss your flush draw is still correct, but rarely enough so that your overall line (bet/call the turn, call the river) is favorable to him.

gm

sfer
07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
One, bukkake has been playing tight and in-line. Two, bukkake will regularly donk-bet intending to 3-bet, which is a line that everyone here should take more often.

sthief09
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false

edtost
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One, bukkake has been playing tight and in-line. Two, bukkake will regularly donk-bet intending to 3-bet, which is a line that everyone here should take more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning that 3-betting here is probably retarded, because dave has already considered the liklihood of that happening when he decides to raise anyway, making the pot too big to fold any reasonable hand for one more bet, so that he must either have nothing or whatever bakku is representing.

to summarize this nonsensicalness, i think dave isn't raising with any of the better hands that would fold to the 3bet or on the river.

private joker
07-06-2005, 02:22 PM
I agree check-raising the turn is not good, but I think Mike should have check-raised the flop. He probably has the best hand -- that flop is unlikely to have hit Dave aside from maybe a straight draw -- and the fact that it's heads up before Mike even did anything makes the raise easier in my opinion.

If Dave 3-bets, you can check-call this turn and spike a spade or a K; if not, fold confidently.

Klepton
07-06-2005, 06:47 PM
i apoligize for my responses, i thought this was a joke thread and a lower limit.