PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check 2

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-09-2003, 11:08 AM
2/4 On PokerStars yasterday after busting out of round two of their WSOP freeroll 121/359 (Hey, we can all dream).

I'm dealt A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif in middle position.I've only been at the table for a few hands, so I don't have a good read yet. Folded to me and I open raise MP cold calls 2, C/O calls, button & SB fold, BBcalls. four see the flop for 8.5 sb.

Flop: T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB check, I bet, MP folds, c/o raises, BB call, I call. One of the mistake I think I've been making is pushing overcards too hard. I call here because I've got a back-door nut flush and two overcards. Comments?

Three see the turn for 7bb

Turn: T /forums/images/icons/club.gif [T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]

BB checks, I check, C/O bets, BB calls, I fold. Too weak? As I see it, I have 5 outs against a flush draw some of which may not be clean against the C/O who I put on AT, A8 or maybe AK or KTs.

River is the 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif BB check folds so I don't see what the C/O had.

Punker
02-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Before the flop is fine.

I believe betting this flop is fine. You should be calling the raise because you are getting 13.5-1 on your 6 out overcard draw, not because of your backdoor flush (although that helps, of course). The overlay provided should be more than enough to cover off the times you hit and lose.

When the top card pairs on the turn, and two people are still involved, the jig is up.

Nothing remarkable about this hand, I'd guess approximately 500 million other AQo's have played out exactly the same.

Jeffage
02-09-2003, 12:59 PM
You played this fine. The BB coldcalling the cutoff's raise is pretty dangerous bc it is very likely one of them isn't drawing. You are probably against a flush draw AND a pair of tens of better. On the turn, you have an easy fold bc you have no flush draw and there is a good chance an Ace or Queen may not be an out (if you hit it, there is no way you are betting it anyway). Though you are getting 9-1 on your turn call, your outs are likely no good imo bc you need a parlay of BOTH drawing and neither flopping top pair. I just don't think you have a call here and would personally give it up.

Jeff