PDA

View Full Version : Bad start to the 55's

elcheapo
07-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Been 4 tabling 33s and 4 tabling the 55's and have hit a rough patch in both. The extra chips allow for more bubble play where not every hand has to be a push. Though I see the same bad calls after reraises and pushes. You still have to win your coinflips and you still have to listen to complaining about "pushing too much" and then listen to how its justice that your overpair loses because you do "push to much. " Those who play in the 55's do you tempor the aggression because I assumed the level of play would go up but I still see the same and more horrible plays? I'm probably break even but honestly I should be crushing these tournaments.

bigt439
07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Same [censored], different pile. Players at the 55's are only marginally better than the ones at the 33's. Still mostly horrendous players, and the extra chips are extremely helpful because it let's you be more patient and exploit your opponent's many weaknesses under less pressure. Probably just a rough run at the 55's if you do well at the 33's.

AliasMrJones
07-05-2005, 09:45 PM
You don't give a sample size for your $33's and $55's. I just started teh $55's and so far (with a sample size of 20) they seem a bit tighter early on, but not that much different than the $33's. You start with more chips and there are more chips in play, but the same basic concepts still apply.