PDA

View Full Version : River Value Bet?

GTSamIAm
07-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Should I gone for the river value bet? I bet the turn to prevent free cards for flush draws. My logic at the time of river checking is thinking no hand is going to call me that I beat with the flush draw. My range of calling hands was K good kicker to A moderate kicker. A bad range to value bet into. Is this thinking correct?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Nfinity
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking maybe a raise Pre-Flop is in order.

I like everything else. The pot is really small on the River, and while I don't think your behind enough to not bet out, because of the small pot your probably folding to a raise. I believe a check/call is in order.

davelin
07-05-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn to prevent free cards for flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or because with the flop checked around your pair of K's may be best. I'd bet the river.

davelin
07-05-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

GTSamIAm
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or because with the flop checked around your pair of K's may be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. For clarification, what range of hands are calling the river?

davelin
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or because with the flop checked around your pair of K's may be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. For clarification, what range of hands are calling the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

A worse kicker, an 8, 7, 6 or pocket pair.

GTSamIAm
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Weak aces aren't in there?

Nfinity
07-05-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An average micro-limit player would have bet that flop when checked to with an Ace.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your saying I think. IF we do have an edge here, then it's probably pretty small. I was thinking more along the lines of driving out the BB, or at least not giving him a cheap flop, but the idea of getting a cheap flop with KJo yourself probably outweighs that logic.

For the record are you just calling KQo here as well?

Are you folding to a River raise?

AngelicPenguin
07-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't think UTG+1 or CO has an A because I think they would have bet the flop. Once BB dumps the turn (my only weak A candidate), I'm betting the river.

davelin
07-05-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it's possible but given the flop action not likely.

Duerig
07-05-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My range of calling hands was K good kicker to A moderate kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think a K with a bad kicker and many pocket pairs call this river.

I think any A would have bet the flop. And any K with a better kicker would have probably raise pf. I may be a bit swayed by the results though. In the future, you should probably cut the hand off before the river when you ask a question like this. Anyway, I think you're ahead, and I would bet this river.