PDA

View Full Version : MY RETURN

CJC
02-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Hello Posters,

Well I actually played cards this past week to celebrate my 31st. It was the first time I have played in
a month since I started school.

Here is something that happened that you may want to comment on.
I don't think I have ever done this before, and I don't know if I ever will again.

1-5 game. 50 cent ante.

3d brings it in for a buck.
Qd next to act calls the buck. ( I have played with this woman b4. She is Roy West to THE BOOK )
I have rolled sixes and make it an even $5.
Some players fold.
Ac makes it $10. ( solid player )
Everyone folds to Qd who makes it $15.

I fold!

Flame Away..

CJ /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Andy B
02-09-2003, 12:59 PM
I probably wouldn't do it, but if the lady just has to have rolled-up Queens to limp and then come over the top like that, you've got a fold.

Reminds me of a stud hand I played in December. $6/12 with a dollar ante. Low card is somewhere on my right and brings it in for $2. I complete to $6 with (QQ)7. My buddy, who might politely be described as weak-tight, makes it $12 with a 5 showing. Couple of folds, and an unknown player with an Ace in the door makes it $18. It's folded to me and I fold. My buddy calls. On fourth street, my buddy catches an off-suit Ten, and the unknown player pairs his Ace. My buddy folds out of turn. Turns out that my buddy had rolled-up Fives. I don't know that I would have folded. To be sure, I wouldn't have folded out of turn. The other guy apparently was content to check it down and go for the infernal jackpot. I suppose that at this level, if someone makes it $18 on third street, he almost has to have Aces. I don't, but I'm not exactly your typical $6/12 stud player.