PDA

View Full Version : Done for the evening

Buccaneer
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I am in middle position with TT. Everyone folds to me I call and three others stay in the hand. The flop is non threatening with a jack, duce and blank, I lead out and the villans come along. The turn is a duce and I lead out again and everyone comes along again. The river is a jack.
1. What should I do? Bet out? Put my panty hose on and check?
2. If I figure no one got excited about the first jack and bet out discounting the duces (who would play J2 and not get excited if they flopped two pair) and one of the bad guys folds and the other one goes all in. What do you do?
3. Is there anyway to take this guy serious?

GoHoosiers
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Post this in the NL forum.....

You should have raised pre-flop. It would have given you some fold equity here. Anyone who hangs around with a pre-flop raiser probably has hit this drawless board.

But I don't play much NL, so take my advice carefully.

Rich

Fantam
07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Was this a home game?

Anyway it sounds like it was NL.

If it was NL you should have raised about 4 times the big blind pre-flop. And after the flop you should have raised about the size of the pot again.

The heavy raising is because you most likely had the best hand and you dont want to give drawing hands the odds to call to beat you.

Anyway if you were playing NL, check this out in the NL section of the forum. I expect that their advice will be better than mine. (Perhaps lol /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

TomBrooks
07-05-2005, 09:25 PM
No way do I let anyone and especially the blinds come into this hand cheaply with their Ax, Kx, Qx and Jx trash. This must be raised. There are too many overcards that can beat you.

Contrary to your assessment, I consider this board somewhat scary because there is an overcard to yours. Now your in a more difficult situation than you should be. The postflop action is unworthy of further consideration because the hand would play differently if it had been played correctly preflop anyway.

Buccaneer
07-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Seems like you guys think that I missplayed PL. Thanks for looking. I posted here because this was a 2/4 cent not dollar game and I just figured that it was about as micro as it could be.
If this had been a limit hand?>>>>>> SSHE says this is a big pair and to raise it. I guess I would have played it weak.
By the way I was playing on PokerChamps and that is why I was unable to post in the normal format.