PDA

View Full Version : SB vs. BB checkraising

sy_or_bust
07-05-2005, 07:09 PM
This situation happens to me a lot: Folded to the SB, I raise and the BB calls. I miss, and hold king or queen high on a ragged board. Playing straightforward against good players doesn't seem to cut it, so I've been experimenting with turn checkraises after leading the flop. I want to play some bluffs and legitimate hands this way, hoping to get a higher percentage of turn free cards (and river steals) by the threat of a raise. Standard? FPS? How do you play these?

I have a hand to show here, but it's more of a lucky example of getting paid off by a decent hand. I did manage a couple turn free cards in later orbits that enabled me to steal some pots, which begs my question.

BB is 30/11/2

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

dave44
07-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I like your play and think its something I should be looking to work into my own game.