PDA

View Full Version : River 2pr hand.

Entity
07-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Villain just sat at the table shortly before it emptied. My reads, consequently, are less than stellar but I'm reasonably sure that my opponent is not a maniac, as the HU hands we've had so far have been more check-bet-call than bet-raise-3bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
BB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Willluck
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I think you have to call down here, In my experience heads up players occasionally will take aggressive shots at you on the turn or river, I would call and get notes ready.

ggbman
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I dunno, i suppose he doesnt 3 bet worse hands, i just never fold this. Maybe thats a leak? I think the pot is laying you a decent enough price to call this without a strong read to the contrary.

partygirluk
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
This seems pretty bad. QJ is a raise preflop for this guy no?

imported_azalin
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I dont fold this river HU.

Entity
07-05-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems pretty bad. QJ is a raise preflop for this guy no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he'd limp with QJ.

Rob

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Interesting. The fact that he sprang to life on a seemingly blank river makes me think that he has some sort of monster that he didn't want to raise preflop with hopes of keeping you in the game. KK and TT are definite possiblities, but I think this is probably a good fold based on what you said.

imported_azalin
07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. The fact that he sprang to life on a seemingly blank river makes me think that he has some sort of monster that he didn't want to raise preflop with hopes of keeping you in the game. KK and TT are definite possiblities, but I think this is probably a good fold based on what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant he have AA easily (a little overplayed) etc ?