PDA

View Full Version : Loose flop call situation and a turn raise with Ace high.

btspider
07-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Last day to bonus clear, so i had to burn through a few hands. This one came up and had me questioning the flop and turn, maybe even PF.

SB is pretty typical PF (30/11) w/ some aggressive tendencies (2.5 AF). He hasn't done anything unexpected yet given his stats after about six orbits.

BB is on the maniacal side (70/33/2.5) after five orbits. Again, what stats you see is what you get with him for the most part. He has checked after raising PF and he's bet into a field after a flop gets checked through. He's shown down top pair more than his fair share, so I haven't seen enough hands to get a more specific handle on him yet.

CO's observed stats (28/11) have him on the tighter side of the spectrum.

Button is TP (18/7) and has been giving me the button all session long.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

CO/BTN are fairly tight. This hand is the lowest I would raise here in this situation.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

BD draw - 1.5
Pair outs - 2.5 (if SB has me dominated, i have 3 outs, if he has a pair, I usually have 3 Ace outs).

Plus free card potential if SB checks the turn pairless.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

I probably don't have the best hand, but I may fold SB and get heads-up with a possible semi-bluff or pure bluff from the near maniac.

I'm calling a 3-bet from either player and folding to a river bet.

btspider
07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
bump, thought this hand was interesting and was hoping for some comments.

DMBFan23
07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
sure...you're calling anways, and SB probably has a big Ace, which he should fold. I usually don't make these plays because SB rarely folds and I sometimes get 3 bet by an 8 from maniac, I wish I could find spots to make this work. I'd definitely fold the river UI if maniac stop and gos again

TMFS9
07-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I like it, and of late I've been doing plays like this more often. You are calling anyways, you can probably push the SB off of a bigger A, and it's quite possible you have the maniac BB beat.