PDA

View Full Version : open limp from SB?

BadPenguin
07-05-2005, 07:03 PM
This hand is from a Stars $10+$1 SnG. It's a situation that I'm not sure I play correctly: mid to mid-late in a tournament, my stack is big enough that I'm not pressed to act immediately, everyone folds to me in the small blind and I have garbage. I know some people fold here, but I figure with pot odds of 3-1 against a random hand in the BB it doesn't make much sense to fold, unless:
<ul type="square"> The BB is very aggressive and will almost certainly raise, in which case limping with trash doesn't make much sense, or I want to tell the BB that I won't play any old thing here so he'll have more respect for my later raises in this spot. [/list]
Then after I limp and he min-raises, as in this case, I figure I'm getting 3-1 pot odds again, and only a pair bigger than 6's has me down that badly, so I call. The BB in this case seemed to be moderately LAG but not overly so; the only previous time I opened against him from the small blind I raised x3 and he folded.

I'd welcome opinions about this hand and about the wisdom of limping from the SB in cases like this in general. (The BB started abusing me after the hand was over, saying I was an idiot to call either or both of the blind or his raise. I replied that he should have raised more than the min. if he wanted me to fold...)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t4515)
Button (t3020)
Hero (t4210)
BB (t1025)
UTG (t730)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t600) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t900</font>, BB calls t575 (All-In).

Turn: (t2225) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2225) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2225