PDA

View Full Version : Organising Private Tournaments Online

Graham_S
07-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi,
I have a few friends who I play home games with, and we'd like to organise a few private tournaments online (probably play money or very low stakes).
What sites do you suggest?
I've seen that you organise 2plus2 tournaments via PokerStars, and a forum search recommended them too. However, an email to their technical support revealed that private tournament organising is a privilege limited to players with large amounts of "FPP" and I have none.
PokerRoom looked promising (for a private ring game, anyway), but friends appeared to be segregated on different servers, and we couldn't all see the rooms. We speculated this might change if we all deposited real money, but I don't want to force all potential players to be real money players if at all possible.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Torr
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I believe you can create private tournaments and sit and goes on Prima network sites. I know definitely Gaming Club and Royal Vegas. Not sure if others act differently

Edit: Ring games from 0.02/0.04 and tourneys from $0.25+$0.05
Don't think you can do play money

MrBlueNose
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Ask Full Tilt. Their support is very accomodating and I go through them exclusively for private tournaments. Explain to them that you and your friends may deposit money however for now you're a bit nervous of online poker or whatever, and would like to try it out first. It's (a) no hassle for them to set it up and (b) obviously a good move for them as many people like to stick with the first site that they played at, or were treated well at.

You can e-mail privatetournaments@fulltiltpoker.com about it, and I'd personally ask for Bart. He's an awesome guy.