PDA

View Full Version : Losing streak

Lammy
07-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I am new to poker and have hit my first losing streak,any tips on play through this would be most helpfull.
what i seem to get are poor hole cards everything with a two seems to be the favourite. When i get good hands nothing hits on the flop or i raise and because i have not played many hands due to not getting any everybody folds due to tight image.
Do you change, become more aggressive or tighter, bluff more, play more starting hands or just ride the storm. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

imported_ncray
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Do not change your play solely because you are running bad. Adjust your play based on other factors such as how the other players at the table play. Downswings happen, and you just have to tough it out without tilting. If you are a solid, winning player, then you will start winning again.

Lammy
07-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for that, i feel i am a solid player with no spectacular moves.One part of my game i really need to improve on is reading players and trying to put them on hands. I am poor at this. Use Gametime+ with poker tracker to help.

BottlesOf
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
No, you just deal with it. No matter how bad it is, there will be a worse one down the line.

Lammy
07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Thanks that fills me with hope and optimism lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SmileyEH
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
You need to increase your luck. Sacrificing animals, sleeping with virgins, rain dances - all of these are steps you can take.

-SmileyEH

Biggenx
07-05-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to increase your luck. Sacrificing animals, sleeping with virgins, rain dances - all of these are steps you can take.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure you have to sacrifice virgins and sleep with animals, or is it dance with virgins and sleep in the rain. I always get those mixed up when i do my rituals. Maybe thats why mittens ran away....

Lammy
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
what if i am a twelve year old vegetarian allergic to water /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Losing all
07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sleeping with virgins

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take worse luck with that.

adamstewart
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am new to poker and have hit my first losing streak,any tips on play through this would be most helpfull.
what i seem to get are poor hole cards everything with a two seems to be the favourite. When i get good hands nothing hits on the flop or i raise and because i have not played many hands due to not getting any everybody folds due to tight image.
Do you change, become more aggressive or tighter, bluff more, play more starting hands or just ride the storm. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to get in the habit of saying this to myself over and over throughout a session:

"Make good, +EV decisions. Make good,+EV decisions...."

Seriously.

Adam

King_Striker
07-06-2005, 01:06 AM

SmileyEH
07-06-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're on "losing mode" on the poker site's book. Have you recently made a withdrawal? I had a streak going where everything seemed to hit, all my bluffs, slow plays, etc. worked and then after cashing out over $2600, down I went. Got delt even better than before pockets (AA, QQ, AKs, suited connectors) with even better flop with the opportunity to build an aggrassive image and got devastating rivers. Had my nut straights and nut flushes cracked with rivers pairing the board giving someone the boat. Had hands like xy with an xxy flop and z hitting on the river with my opponent holding pocket zz (being a bigger pocket pair).

It's rigged. Take a few days or weeks off, you will be sure to be off tilt and most probably off the "losing mode".

Online poker is not Poker, Poker is about reading your opponents, online poker is about playing the best you can mechanically and hope you are not the one being watched by the site. You cannot physically read an opponent from behind a computer screen. Quads Aces are 50-50 against rags on rigged poker.

A/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/heart.gif - A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif - 2/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

P.S.: For anyone wanting to take a crack at my algebric notations with sarcasm, spare yourself from the embarassement.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent post.

-SmileyEH

Basil
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm also on a losing streak. Are you saying it's rigged? or were you sarcastic?
I too have had the nut only to see it fall appart on the river and someone wins with a 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's driving me nuts and right now I think I'm the worst pokerplayer on the planet.

King_Striker
07-06-2005, 12:39 PM

ginko
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

EStreet20
07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
If you want to start winning again, my best advice is to completely ignore anything King Striker has to say (He's a complete dipshit).

SmileyEH
07-06-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to start winning again, my best advice is to completely ignore anything King Striker has to say (He's a complete dipshit).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're talking about. Striker has had some very interesting things to say. I realize now I've been in "winning" mode for the last 100 thousand hands. I'm going to cash out very very soon to save myself from "distribution" mode.

-SmileyEH

Basil
07-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Just read through that thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif I get your points guys ><

Net Warrior
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
When you're not getting cards and not getting hit with flops, move down in limit from your usual limit till the bad run is over. Also, if you play long sessions, you're almost garanteed to go on tilt at some point during a session while on bad run. Try to recognize this and quit before it happens that session. Conversly, when things are going well and you're at the very top of your game, move up in level from your usual limit.