PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments for 6 max

Two_Slick
07-05-2005, 05:26 PM
This has probably been covered but I'm having trouble finding good posts on it:

What are some good adjustments to make for playing 6 max 3/6 and lower limits if you're used to 9 and 10-handed? Obviously play a few more starting hands, but other than that... I tend to find myself not knowing which marginal hands hold up well 6-handed.

For example, with 2-3 players to the flop should I lead out with hands like AK AQ AJ when they miss?

BabyJesus
07-05-2005, 05:58 PM
You can't just have general play such as that. You need to take into account the players, your position, the texture of the flop, and preflop action. Sometimes you might want to fire out if you're in aggressive gear, sometimes check call where called for, and others check fold.

You have to get used to playing after the flop well to survive in short handed. It really improves your postflop play.

Two_Slick
07-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Let's assume I'm taking the texture, position, etc into consideration... what are some good adjustments to make? To be more specific what are plays that you make at a 6-handed table that you wouldn't try at a 9 or 10-handed small stakes game? How much do you loosen up pre-flop (do you play hands like A9 off or weaker suited hands more often from late position)? Attempt to steal more often? This may seem obvious to those who play a lot of 6-handed, but I think some of the plays are counter-intuitive. It seems like being short 3 or 4 people changes the game a lot. I can see what you mean about improving play on and after the flop...

Two_Slick
07-06-2005, 01:26 AM
My apologies, just saw a very similar post with a great link to a post on this topic.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1215269&pag e=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1

Thanks!