PDA

View Full Version : Hand from my poker vacation

tessarji
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
What do I do on my vacation? Play more poker of course!

This hand was at the 10 handed 4/8 at MGM Grand. I have made a major compromise with my inner LAG, which is on my poker vacations I am allowed to GAMBOOOOOOOOL it up if I'm running well and in a good mood. Thus, the ridiculous preflop call in this hand... er... it was suited! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Please comment on how you would play this hand (after the flop, tighties).

B&M 4/8 w kill - MGM
Fairly solid player limps in MP. He is tighter than average for the table and somewhat conservative. Cutoff limps. I limp on the button with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB check, BB check, Villain bets, CO calls, I call, others fold.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain bets, CO folds, I call.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets...

meep_42
07-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Uh, fold.

-d

Moneyline
07-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Preflop: Nice call Doyle /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flop: I think this is an easy raise. You have a good chance of getting a free card and even if you don't the raise is even money with 2 others in the pot.

Turn: Easy call.

River: Easy fold.

1p0kerb0y
07-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Preflop: fold
Flop: raise
Turn: free card if both opponents still in (which they will be in this case most likely)
River: fold

thejameser
07-05-2005, 05:31 PM
jason t where are you? so let me guess, you hit your straight or flush, woohoo! keep it up!

tessarji
07-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Fold a flush draw on the flop with 7:1?

Yes, flay me for the preflop please, but this wasn't even close to the most ridiculous hand I played that evening. I had three Coronas and a couple Jack 'n cokes. I won one $180 pot with 34s and bottom pair on the river. I had a blazing good time. I left $50 in the red. That's a perfect poker vacation for me.

meep_42
07-05-2005, 05:37 PM
No. The river, where the action ends.

The rest is fine. I'd have probably raised the flop given how passive these donks usually are.

-d

tessarji
07-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Here's my question about the flop. Obviously a free card has some value. But there is also some value inherent when I make my flush on the turn or river, and the better leads into me with a man trapped between.

Is the half bet I save with a flop raise, worth the possibility of boxing in the CO on a later street for 1 or two bets? And of course there are the two blinds still to act...

meep_42
07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
I've noticed the BM players at MGM (esp the conservative ones) won't bet when a flush draw comes in unless they have it beat.

So getting a raise in on a later street is overrated.

-d

jba
07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold a flush draw on the flop with 7:1?

Yes, flay me for the preflop please, but this wasn't even close to the most ridiculous hand I played that evening. I had three Coronas and a couple Jack 'n cokes. I won one $180 pot with 34s and bottom pair on the river. I had a blazing good time. I left $50 in the red. That's a perfect poker vacation for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cut off the action at your river decision, as if you're trying to decide whether T high is good here, it isn't. I think that's all he was saying.

I play BJ when I'm drinking/gambooling so what the hell can I say about the preflop call. You recognize you just lost a buck or two on that call but you don't care, so there it is.

and raise the flop

tessarji
07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Well okay here's the thing.

I cut off at the river decision for a reason. The river was the interesting part of the hand, but I wanted to see if anyone would jump in with what I thought was the 'right' answer.

I raised the river. I won the pot. Ridiculous or genius?

shant
07-05-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I cut off at the river decision for a reason. The river was the interesting part of the hand, but I wanted to see if anyone would jump in with what I thought was the 'right' answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
You had T-high and it was an easy fold. You got lucky that your opponent most likely had diamonds as well, or AK. I doubt he folded a J.

thirddan
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
making river bluff raises at low limit games against a tight player = -EV...

you should have raised preflop after tightly/weaky limps from the CO... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Well if he has mid pair or something weak, that straightening river makes it so that a ton of hands beat him.

jba
07-05-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

genius

DONT TAP THE GLASS