PDA

View Full Version : looking for some feedback on J2 in big blind

bcubed72
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi! I'm a winning player who's been playing hold 'em for 6mo. Although I am reasonably confident, because I'm new I sometomes second-guess myself when criticized. I'd like some feedback on the following hand:
The following happened at a $30+3 single table at Pacific Poker. Blinds were $10/20, and as it was early in the tourney, everyone had about T1000. In the big blind, I am dealt J2o. Ready to fold, I watch as it is folded to a middle pos. player who (big favor #1) just calls. Everyone else folds. I take my free ride in the big blind and watch as the flop comes J-little-little (unfortunately not a two). Having top pair heads up with a horrible kicker, I make a moderate bet of T66 to get a sense of where I am in the hand. My opponent provides big favor #2 when he just calls. The turn is a K. Believing that I am probably behind, I check and my opponent provides big favor #3 by checking behind me. The river is another J. Knowing that there is only one other J, and--due to his betting--figuring it unlikely my opponent has a full house, I figure it's time to bet my trips, crappy kicker or not. I fire off a pot sized bet of T200 and am called by my opponent, who mucks. After the hand, my opponent WON'T SHUT UP about my playing J2o, even after I remind him I got a free ride in the b.b. He then accuses me of "chasing", which is laughable because (based on his betting) I don't think he had my pair of jacks beat on the flop. If he DID have jacks beat (maybe slowplaying QQ), then his play was HORRIBLE: I would have folded to bets/raises preflop, on the flop, or on the turn. Instead he lets me chase basically for free, then bitches about my catching lucky of the river. The unfortunate ending to this saga is that he wound up busting me out of the tournament. Oh well, I guess I can take solace in the monthly checks I get from Pacific. Like I said, I am 99% sure I played the hand correctly, but would appreciate feedback. If you think my play was out of line, please let me know.

agent_fish
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Don't let idiots like this guy make you second guess yourself. I think you played the hand just fine.

Mez
07-05-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't let idiots like this guy make you second guess yourself. I think you played the hand just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]