PDA

View Full Version : Good Shortstack Fold On the Bubble?

PokerProdigy
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
<font color="red">I didn't push because I was so shortstacked and I was hoping that the BB would get beat right here? Should I have pushed this preflop or did I make the right play?</font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t5245)
SB (t1340)
BB (t695)
Hero (t720)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t300, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

tminus
07-05-2005, 04:20 PM
im tempted to push
the odds of being dealt a pair here are slim and you cant wait around for a better hand

anyone else ?

vinyard
07-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I can't do the math at the moment but I suspect that even if you were to set all three opponents as calling you with very loose standards (and perhaps any two) 66 would be a pretty clear push.

Assuming you both fold the rest of your hands he will blind out before you but I don't see the point in that.

kyro
07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
The problem is, BB is most likely not putting in any more chips and is waiting for you to blind out as well. I'd push this and make a run at second for now.

xLukex
07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Push this every single time. You're entirely too shortstacked to wait for a better hand.

schwza
07-05-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, BB is most likely not putting in any more chips and is waiting for you to blind out as well. I'd push this and make a run at second for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i couldn't figure out - what kind of range will BB call a push with (not from hero). i think that BB will call hero's push with any two (at least he should, right?)if BB will only call the button/SB with a reasonably good hand, then pushing looks a lot better for hero.

if button and SB fold, which i think is reasonably likely, hero will be a-i against BB with ~63% equity, with the SB thrown in to sweeten the pot. that's pretty tempting. i like the push. getting into a folding battle with the BB to see who squeaks into 3rd with 15 chips isn't too appealing.

unreal_nh
07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
in my experience, i've seen everyone fold to that short stack so many damn times it makes me sick to even think about it. so saying that, i would probably push. by the way, what level is this?

jkron1
07-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Definate push. You push, early Button possibly/probably folds and lets the two short stacks duke it out. Even if BB has AK you still are slight favorite. Most likely he will fold and you pick up easy 300.

unreal_nh
07-05-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definate push. You push, early Button possibly/probably folds and lets the two short stacks duke it out. Even if BB has AK you still are slight favorite. Most likely he will fold and you pick up easy 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you most likely have the best hand at the table, so go with it, and hope to take it down without a challege, but at least if you do get called you still probably have the best of it.

DangerGoodson
07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Push. The odds of you winning the pot outright are high. Even if you do get called you will proabably still when a decent % of the time. Plus both these results bump up your chances at 2nd and 1st which makes the play all that much better.

ReDeYES88
07-05-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't do the math at the moment but I suspect that even if you were to set all three opponents as calling you with very loose standards (and perhaps any two) 66 would be a pretty clear push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice instincts. If the range for all three opponents is to call with any two, your $EV is +1.9%

PokerProdigy
07-05-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in my experience, i've seen everyone fold to that short stack so many damn times it makes me sick to even think about it. so saying that, i would probably push. by the way, what level is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a $10+1