PDA

View Full Version : TPGK faces a raise on my planned CR

smartalecc5
07-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Both of them I have less than 20 hands on.

I was pretty sure MP1 would follow thru with a continuation bet , so I was gonna checkraise him and lead out the betting throught the rest of the hand. MP2 threw me off guard when he raised so I had a decision to either call or 3-bet.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, HERO???

shant
07-05-2005, 04:14 PM
3-bets.

butters
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
calls, and bets a non-heart turn card.

TRWIII
07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
3-bets and leads any turn. If capped, Id likely call down, unless the board gets scary and depending on action.

TRWIII

W. Deranged
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I would three-bet this, and I think it's a pretty clear decision. Consider all of the reasons for raising:

1. You are very likely to have the best hand. MP1 may have been raising a little lighter than usual given the table is 7-handed.

2. MP2's raise (and MP1's bet, even) could indicate a flush draw, which you certainly want to charge.

3. You gain cheaper information from raising now instead of waiting until later to put the pressure on.

4. Cold-calling two here just feels really lame.

Another way to think about it is to consider the two other options: calling two cold and leading a non-heart turn or calling two-cold and checking a non-heart turn.

If you call two cold and lead a non-heart turn, you are costing yourself a round of flop bets for those times your ahead. Which sucks.

If you call two cold and check the flop (with the intention of check-raising, I'm assuming, unless things go crazy), you may fall into a free-card trap set by MP2. Which sucks.