PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this drycleaning situation

balkii
07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
So I take my suit in to get drycleaned last tuesday. I need it by saturday, but the place is closed saturday for the holiday. So I tell him I need it by Friday. He says we'll have it by Thursday. Ok. I give him my phone number and take off.

Friday evening, still havent heard from him. [censored] I wake up from a nap and run down there. Closed at 4 on friday for the holiday (long fukcing holiday if you ask me). Now I plan on going in there today - but I wanna make sure I'm right in this.

HE's supposed to call ME right? Or am I supposed to call on thursday and ask if its done? Basically do I have something to bitch about here? Should I ask or expect it to be free? Or is this my fault because I didnt follow up.

lucas9000
07-05-2005, 04:01 PM
you didn't go in to pick it up, you just sat on your ass at home waiting for the dry cleaner to call? YOUR BAD.

schwza
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
yeah, you're supposed to just go pick it up. or maybe call ahead. but they're not going to make a phone call every time they clean a sweater.

jason_t
07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Your fault.

IndieMatty
07-05-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you didn't go in to pick it up, you just sat on your ass at home waiting for the dry cleaner to call? YOUR BAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

ddollevoet
07-05-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never received a call from a dry cleaner in the past 10+ years that I have been using them.

If they say it'll be done on Thursday, get there Thursday afternoon and pick it up.

Ulysses
07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He says we'll have it by Thursday.
Friday evening, still havent heard from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need it Saturday and know it's closed on Saturday. He says it'll be ready on Thursday. You show up on Friday night. WTF?

[ QUOTE ]
Basically do I have something to bitch about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, positively not.

[ QUOTE ]
Or is this my fault because I didnt follow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it's your fault. He said it would be ready for you on Thursday and you didn't go get it. It's hard to believe that you actually made this post.

balkii
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
well [censored] I never used the drycleaners before. i thought they call you. damn

TheWorstPlayer
07-05-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is my fault because I didnt follow up.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

RacersEdge
07-05-2005, 04:38 PM
I will keep it unanimous - you have no case.

swede123
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't listen to these haters. Obviously the dry cleaner is at fault and you should expect free dry cleaning for at least one year as compensation.

Seriously, dude. Get real.

Swede

balkii
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
ok ok i get it. sheesh. tough love in this OOT.

TheWorstPlayer
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok ok i get it. sheesh. tough love in this OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me help you for next time:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to get dry cleaning done, but my mommy is away on vacation. What do I need to do? Should I go and pick it up when it's done?

[/ QUOTE ] An ounce of prevention...

bwana devil
07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, don’t listen to these donks. I know what you mean. Once I rented a dvd from the video store. The guy says it will be due on Tuesday. So Tuesday rolls around and nothing happens.

Then a few days later I’m the nice guy and bring it back w/out another word. These guys at the counter are like, “your movie’s late. that will be $5.” So I realize im dealing w/ a couple of idiots.

I tell them they didn’t call me and tell me it was Tuesday and they have my phone number.

I rip up my video card and smash the dvd on the spot. These people wouldn’t know good customer service if it bit them on their asses.

TheTROLL
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I rip up my video card and smash the dvd on the spot. These people wouldn’t know good customer service if it bit them on their asses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You showed remarkable restraint... who do these people think they are?

nothumb
07-05-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I take my suit in to get drycleaned last tuesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your real problem. This sentence should read, "So I take one of my suits to get drycleaned last Tuesday." I am a scuzzy bastard with no money and I wear jeans and polo shirts most of the time but I have no less than 3 outfits I wouldn't be ashamed to go somewhere nice in.

[ QUOTE ]
well [censored] I never used the drycleaners before. i thought they call you. damn

[/ QUOTE ]

This just follows from your first error. Lesson learned.

NT

Ulysses
07-05-2005, 05:43 PM
balkii,

How old are you?

OtisTheMarsupial
07-05-2005, 06:29 PM
No, I've never gotten a call from drycleaners before. The phone number is just in case you leave your clothes for a month they can call you to remind you to pick them up. You have to go in and get them. You should have gone Thursday or Friday - he told you when to come back, Thursday.

TStoneMBD
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, everybody knows that drycleaners have to hire 3 full time employees to run their phone service.