PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help......wireless router

Cream Soda
07-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Hello, I need some help from someone. I been trying to hook this wireless router up for awhile and I can't do it /images/graemlins/frown.gif I tried following the directions and all I can hook up is my desktop to the router, how do I get the laptop hooked up? They gave me one ethernet cable with the router do I need another one or something? I would really appreciate some help from someone, thank you......BTW the wireless router is D-link and I have a Comcast modem

ttleistdci
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure if this is a troll looking for a reaction or someone really needing help, but I'll bite.

What kind of laptop do you have? Did it come out of the box with internal wireless capabilities? If not then you need to buy a separate wireless card for it in order to connect with the router. These go for around $50 depending on what you get.

Cream Soda
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Lol I'm not trying to be a troll, sorry if this was a stupid question. But anyway the laptop is a dell Inspiron 9300 and it does have a wireless card

NateDog
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lol I'm not trying to be a troll, sorry if this was a stupid question. But anyway the laptop is a dell Inspiron 9300 and it does have a wireless card

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is everyone so averse to calling the manufacturer. D-link has awesome 24/7 customer support, and will stay on the phone with you till your box is working. Look em up dude.