PDA

View Full Version : Here's a religious question re Old and New Testament :

spoohunter
07-05-2005, 03:14 PM
So, half way through this big old book, the tone changes entirely.

"Eye for an Eye" becomes "Love your neighbour" and "Stone the adulterer" becomes... well... "Love your neighbour".

So what made God realise he was wrong? Why did he change his mind about how people should treat other people?

MoreWineII
07-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Personally, I think the Old Testament is garbage. It's a collection of entertaining stories, nothing more.

And no, I have no real evidence or even a heartfelt argument to back up that statement.

Most of my personal struggles with faith I base off of the New Testament, which I still don't feel should be taken 100% literally.

BZ_Zorro
07-05-2005, 03:39 PM
To the best of my knowledge, you're still not allowed to covet your neighbour's wife. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BZ_Zorro
07-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Something that's often missed is that the new testament is based entirely off the old. The whole point Jesus came to earth and suffered as he did is because of the history in the old testament. This is ABC church dogma.

Contrary to popular believe, it was not so he could learn to bounce a soccer ball on his toes.

[censored]
07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
It would not be accurate to say the God realized he was wrong and changed his mind.