PDA

View Full Version : what's the longest you've gone without eating and why? n/m

asofel
07-05-2005, 02:50 PM
stories?

oh, if any david blaine gimmick accounts pop up, i'm going to hurt you.

MoreWineII
07-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Coupla hours. I'm a fatty.

TheJunkyardGod
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
2 days

cocaines a helluva drug.

[censored]
07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
about 55 hours. I was at the end of a 18 day engagement at The National Training Center in the Mohave desert. At some point eating another MRE becomes unbearable. I did however drink plenty of water/cool-aid.

shakingspear
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Nine or ten days. I had my tonsils out.

Before that 6 or 7 days a few times. [censored] tonsils used to swell and close off most of my throat.

johnc
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
About 36 hours. Started a big home improvemnt project one three day weekend, worked past dark and, well, basically forgot to eat (got too focused on the job at hand). I've gone 24 hours a couple of times like this and my wife is always completely stunned when it happens.

Emmitt2222
07-05-2005, 03:12 PM
bout 50 hours. Studying for finals freshman year, some guy gives me some adderol, but he gives me a bit too much so I sort of trip; one of my pupils randomly dilates, I think snow is blowing in the open window when in fact I am just seeing all the dust particles hit the light, dont eat for 2 days, dont drink for 1 [didnt even realize]. I nailed those finals though.

[censored]
07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About 36 hours. Started a big home improvemnt project one three day weekend, worked past dark and, well, basically forgot to eat (got too focused on the job at hand). I've gone 24 hours a couple of times like this and my wife is always completely stunned when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. I routinely forget to eat for a day or so and don't realize it until completely overcome with hunger. Living on my own has increased the frequency.

IndieMatty
07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
two days. held captive.

Vote4Pedro
07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Similar experience with adderol, probably about 40ish hours...Those last few hours were shittier then the nastiest hangovers

SmileyEH
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
24 hours at a highschool fundraiser. We slept in the gym, but a few friends and I brought our computers in and ended up playing ghost recon and unreal tournament for about 16 of those hours. Good times.

-SmileyEH

cbfair
07-05-2005, 03:29 PM
8 days back in college. I used to like to fast for a few days once or twice a year just to detox. I've always felt very refreshed after a good one. I would always drink lots of water and juices and keep up with the daily vitamins.

The long one I mentioned ended on a Saturday. Some friends and I were hiking in a state park and as we crossed the bottom of a ravine about 50 yards from the Cedar River outside Mt.Vernon, Iowa, I went first. The ground looked fairly damp and we all agreed we'd better find a line and cross quickly; no loligagging lest our feet should get stuck in the mud... Well, I got about 10 feet into the jog and was sucked into the mud up to my balls.

It was a cool fall day and the mud was quite cold. There I stayed for a good 20 minutes or more as my group negotiated our best next move. Finally a guy came across and old tire nearby and rolled it out to me; I was able to push myself up on top of this and jump to stable ground.

After this adventure, I felt it best to end my fast with some liquid refreshment so we stopped into Randalls' Northside Tap for a cold Leinie (or three) before going home to wash up for dinner. This being semi-rural Iowa, the bar was somewhat used to dirty outdoorsman coming in on a saturday afternoon.

beerbandit
07-05-2005, 03:32 PM
2 days - sick, my tongue was [censored] up and sores on it

Jesus Christ
07-05-2005, 03:32 PM
40 days and 40 nights. I think you guys know the story.

tbach24
07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Similar experience with adderol, probably about 40ish hours...Those last few hours were shittier then the nastiest hangovers

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah 45 hours is my record. I also went 50 hours without sleep. Adderol also.

asofel
07-05-2005, 03:58 PM
now this is perfectly acceptable. nh.

offTopic
07-05-2005, 03:59 PM
~48 hours in the 8th grade. Chicken pox.

tbach24
07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two days. held captive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like a POW?

istewart
07-05-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

bronzepiglet
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! Since you found this forum, you should go over to the Science, Math, and Philosophy section and straighten those guys out. Some of them have been talking smack about you.

whiskeytown
07-05-2005, 05:04 PM
three days - not a bite -

mega depressive funk - I didn't even really notice till the 3rd day though when my stomach started tightning up (that and the ol runny [censored] when you don't eat for 24 hrs - )

RB

Tyler Durden
07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
24 hours at a highschool fundraiser. We slept in the gym, but a few friends and I brought our computers in and ended up playing ghost recon and unreal tournament for about 16 of those hours. Good times.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have been getting laid a ton in high school.

Rob Blackburn
07-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I did a 7 day detox, Water and Vitamins only, it was rough the first two days after not bad.

CORed
07-05-2005, 05:55 PM
A little under 48 hours. I made an unsuccessful attempt at climbing Eagles Nest Mountain (13,4something foot rugged peak in Colorado's Gore Range). This was intended to be a Saturday day hike. I got chased off the main ridge a few hundred feet below the summit by lightning. I made a few mistakes on this hike. Number one: I was hiking alone and hadn't told anyone where I was going (dumb!). Number two: I kept going trying to make the summit later than I should have, leaving myself possibly not enough time to make the trailhead before dark. This led to mistake number three: In order to try to save a little time, I tried to glissade (slide down) a very steep snowfield. I quickly lost control, attempted to self arrest with my ice axe, and before I could stop myself, slid into rocks moving fairly fast. Damage: A long, fairly deep scratch on my upper arm (no stitches,but I still have a scar), a deep bruise to my quadriceps muscle, and a bruise on the patella tendon, both on the right leg. Also, the ice axe ended up in the middle of the snowfield with a very long steep drop below. I decided not to risk retrieving it. Maybe somebody found it. I could still walk, but just barely, and it hurt like hell to bend the knee. No way in hell was I getting off the mountain before dark. I had brought with me only lunch, a sweater, a down vest, a poncho, a lighter and a candle. Saturday night was spent on a 30 degree talus slope at about 12,000-12,500 feet elevation, well above timberline, so not fire was possible. There was a trickle of water running close to where I rested (I didn't really sleep), so I didn't go thirsty. Finding water is rarely a problem in the Gore Range. Keeping your feet dry is, sometimes. I don't think the temperature got below freezing, but it didn't miss it by much: A very cold, uncomfortable night. I spent all day Sunday sliding and limping down the mountain, and just made it out to the trail a little below timberline just before nightfall. Sunday night, I had luxury accomodations: Flat ground with grass and a fire. I did manage to get a little sleep. Monday morning, I hobbled down the trail to my vehicle, and drove back to civilization.

asofel
07-05-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did a 7 day detox, Water and Vitamins only, it was rough the first two days after not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

drug related or just a personal enjoyment of the detoxing result? Someone else mentioned this and i'm curious about it...

swede123
07-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Ugh, hiking/climbing an icy peak by yourself. I'm glad you made it out alive, and it probably made you appreciate the importance of proper climbing procedures.

Swede

CORed
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
This wasn't really technical climbing. It was class three. I've done several mountains of similar difficulty alone. Not telling anybody where I was going was the big mistake, as was trying to glissade a snowfield that was too steep. I had a walkable route next to the snowfield; I glissaded in an attempt to save some time. It wasn't a smart move.

Vote4Pedro
07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
pwned

thirddan
07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
i did about 5 days on water and celery, maybe a slice of lunch meat every once in a while...was cutting weight in high school for wrestling /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vote4Pedro
07-05-2005, 06:39 PM
jesus, how much did you end up losing?

bugstud
07-05-2005, 07:22 PM
had jaw wired shut, s over a month. It sucked.

thirddan
07-05-2005, 07:29 PM
13lbs...totally not worth it, cutting weight is for idiots...
i won my match though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pocket Trips
07-05-2005, 07:45 PM
In college I went on a diet where I only ate every 3 days (except for beer of course) on the 3rd day i would eat a normal 3 meals plus a snack ( and beer of course) I lost 98 pounds over the course of one semester.

Not sure exactly how dangerous this was but it worked for me at the time.. Not something i would recommend even though after the 2 cycle not eating for 2 days didn't bother me much ( mostly cuz I was drunk every night)

Argus
07-05-2005, 10:20 PM
The longest I've gone is just over 96 hours. I fasted for four and a half days after exams mostly just to see what it was like. I laid aroundmy friend's apartment and didn't do or say much the whole time. We played a lot of castlvania IV, and drank a lot of water. I felt really good after the fast and recommend it to anyone in good health.

cbfair
07-05-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

drug related or just a personal enjoyment of the detoxing result? Someone else mentioned this and i'm curious about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine have never been drug related, I just enjoy the feeling of cleaning myself out by not eating for several days. It's a very energized feeling. Theres also a good deal of satisfaction from just generating the will power to resist the urge to eat for several days. The first two days are usually very difficult but then the body adjusts and the feeling of hunger completely subsides.

My first fast was only about 48 hours on my Outward Bound solo experience, I was sceptical then but an instructor told me that the body can go for 30 days or more without eating as long as you drink plenty of water. Having gone for more than a week a few times since, I now believe its true.

I don't really consider it a fast, but I did the "Master Cleanser" or "Lemonade Diet" (http://therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm) a couple of years ago. And it was a very unique experience. It's basically a 10 day liquid diet with a serious cleansing regimine. Truly an eye opening experience. If your serious about detoxing, check it out.

drdre2001mm
07-05-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stories?

oh, if any david blaine gimmick accounts pop up, i'm going to hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess the time my friends dared me to go a month straight suspeneded inside a glass box doesn't count?