PDA

View Full Version : Threesomes - Getting into bed with kings

Insty
07-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I usually don't like having multiple hands in a post but these two were so similar and happened in consecutive games.

Hand one:

SB has been really LAGY, Button has been more sensible but is still seeing about 30% of flops.

Party Poker $10+1 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed)

Hero (t770)
UTG (t925)
MP (t2400)
CO (t2270)
Button (t1000)
SB (t635)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button raises to t225, SB re-raises all-In t545. Hero ?

Hand Two:

Simlar reads Button has been really LAGY, CO less so but by no means tight.

Party Poker $20+2 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

BB (t190)
Hero (t835)
UTG+1 (t635)
MP1 (t2065)
MP2 (t1020)
CO (t405)
Button (t1930)
SB (t920)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises t150, <font color="#666666">3 folds,</font> CO calls t150, Button is all-In t1930 <font color="#666666">2 folds,</font> Hero ?

I know if this is going to be 1 on 1 I really want all my chips in here, and if I find myself up against AA, well, that's just poker.

But what about if I'm going to be 3 way?
Should I like this even more, getting the option to triple up with what is likely to be the best hand hoping to be up against two Ax's or should I be more wary of playing what is essentially a coinflip for all my chips if I'm up against an underpair and Ax?

Thoughts?

OrcaDK
07-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm pushing both in a hearbeat. Only hand you fear is AA. They may easily show down inferior pockets, if not, they most likely dominate each others A's.

kyro
07-05-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But what about if I'm going to be 3 way?
Should I like this even more, getting the option to triple up with what is likely to be the best hand hoping to be up against two Ax's or should I be more wary of playing what is essentially a coinflip for all my chips if I'm up against an underpair and Ax?

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

A coinflip to triple up? Where do I sign up?

Sabrazack
07-05-2005, 11:39 AM
There are very very very very very few times you fold kings preflop. These aren't even remotely close. The only time im folding them is on the bubble as a shortstack and everyone else goes all in before me basically.

tminus
07-05-2005, 11:51 AM
go go go

Insty
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I think I answered my own question when I realised I was getting even money to triple up, but figured I'd post it anyway in case anyone wanted to say "this is the one spot to fold Kings" or had something insightful to say about 3-way pots.

I did push both of these. And lost them both. Just unlucky I guess, but I've been having enough bad luck lately to shake my confidence a little.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm still doing the right thing.
(In this situation anyway.)

YourFoxyGrandma
07-05-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hould I be more wary of playing what is essentially a coinflip for all my chips if I'm up against an underpair and Ax?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reasoning here is flawed. It is likely that you are about 50% to win this hand, however you stand to win so many chips that folding would be a huge mistake.