PDA

View Full Version : JJ in trouble

ISF
07-05-2005, 09:51 AM
The CO was a borderline maniac, the button was a calling station that would call to the river then fold with anyting, and i had no read on UTG. Whats my move?
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ?

wheelz
07-05-2005, 10:07 AM
fold

Noodles
07-05-2005, 10:08 AM
yuk,i hate these ones,id maybe call and if he bets the turn again with a few in,i probably fold,
although i dont see too much wrong with folding the flop either

Womble
07-05-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Id like to be able to fold this although dont know if I could /images/graemlins/frown.gif. There are 2 players left and if you call and its raised your toast. If you call and its not raised you have no idea. Basically if you are ahead you will not know and will gain a little when your ahead but if your behind you will lose alot by calling down.

Get out of this nasty situation, fold!

Womble
07-05-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yuk,i hate these ones,id maybe call and if he bets the turn again with a few in,i probably fold,
although i dont see too much wrong with folding the flop either

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling and folding the turn is bad. You are not getting enough odds to draw by a long way!

obsidian
07-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Most of the time when people donkbet onto a 2 flush board like this it is a flush draw. If I knew the villain did this a lot I would consider raising to try to push out a weak A. Most of the time I fold though.

spamuell
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Call, fold the flop if anyone raises the flop. Fold if UTG bets the turn again unless it's HU in which case raise and fold to a 3-bet or take the free showdown, folding if he donkbets river.

If UTG checks the turn, bet-fold if heads-up or three way, if both players behind you called the flop bet then I'd probably check-fold.

ISF
07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
There is absolutly zero chance a raise would fold a weak ace.

Noodles
07-05-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutly zero chance a raise would fold a weak ace

[/ QUOTE ]
yep not a hope in hell, this is a fold or call sitaution

Noodles
07-05-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling and folding the turn is bad. You are not getting enough odds to draw by a long way!

[/ QUOTE ]
ok i know we don't have pot odds, but you have to factor in that he may be betting a flush draw,

say you call and other do behind you,now he bets into you all on the turn ,id now give fold as more likely he or someone else has an ace

ckessel
07-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I raise the flop and represent the ace. If the BB or UTG reraise, I call and fold the turn UI.

What I get lost on though is if I'm HU on the turn with UTG, what do I do? If I bet and get raised I want to throw up. On the other hand, I don't want to give a free card to a KTs or some such.

My instinct is to bet the turn then check behind on the river for a free showdown, but I don't know what the plan is if a) UTG raises the turn or b) UTG bets into me on the river.

sy_or_bust
07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Without a read on UTG you should fold. Four different players called your raise, and you won't win your fair share here and it will be an expensive showdown. If you can't lay this down, you're leaking bets.

If you knew 1) UTG would bet into you with a ten or 77-99 and 2) a raise would fold out all overcards and many weak pairs, then you can certainly try it. But it sure doesn't look that way.