PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 9/18 #3: 88

jason_t
07-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Commerce 9/18

Preflop: I am UTG+2 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Klepton limps, I limp, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 sb) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (8 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Klepton bets, I raise, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, Klepton calls.

Turn: (8 bb) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
Klepton checks, I bet, MP3 calls, CO calls, Klepton calls.

River: (12 bb) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players)
Klepton checks, I....

The Dude
07-05-2005, 07:05 AM
You can check-fold this river. It's going to be pretty rare to see somebody bluff at 3 players on this river.

Also, I think I'd go ahead and fold the bet on the flop. The pot isn't really very big, and with 8 players in the pot you really don't have very much equity in this pot. Nobody with a K or a good draw is going to fold to your raise, so you're going to be needing the majority of 7 opponents to have completely missed, which isn't very likely.

Had the pot been raised preflop you'd have more of a reason to stick around.

The Dude
07-05-2005, 07:07 AM
BTW, I like your limp here. A lot of 2+2ers would be tempted to raise your hand here, but limping is definately better.

HajiShirazu
07-05-2005, 10:30 AM
I would go ahead and fold on the flop. You're against eight guys making a king likely, some of these guys probably will call even two bets with anything, a decent player just bet into to you, and your hand isn't that great even if it is best now unless you can somehow get almost everyone to fold. Unless these guys are retards who would call with unders, which is possible, I probably wouldn't even bet the turn after getting the cold callers. The river is tough but I probably c/f although I would be tempted to pay off if it was checked to the last guy who bet and was then folded to me.

SippinSoma
07-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Stop spamming the boards, n00b.

I'm with Dude on this hand, though I'm going to start responding to threads before reading responses.

private joker
07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Preflop = good. I often limp with 99 at the Commerce 9/18 for specific game reasons.

I don't mind the flop raise because of who's doing the betting and your position on him. I'd definitely fold the river; the flop cold-calls plus turn calls means CO or MP have a K and they're never folding top pair.

meep_42
07-05-2005, 12:13 PM
In this vein, I'm thinking that you can check-fold the turn. One of the others almost assuredly has you beat or has up to 15 outs against you. But, then again, that's more of a reason for check/folding the flop, as it's unlikey you'll fold out all but one or two of your opponents.

-d

gaming_mouse
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I would have given up on the turn, I think. It's unlikely that they all have flush draws....

shant
07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
One live dynamic to keep in mind is that when these Commerce degenerate donks see two young people who are obviously brothers or friends playing near eachother, and raising the flop on eachother, they get all "I want to see that hand at showdownish" and start to really fear collusion or funny business. It happens a lot. For that reason, I give less credit to the cold-calling because sometimes they think we're all full of [censored] and trying to knock them off the winning hand of middle pair.

That said, I think check-folding the river is what I would do.