PDA

View Full Version : QQ bad play or luck?

DrLAXLAX
07-05-2005, 06:45 AM
100$ NL table. Blinds 0.50/1$. 10 handed game. Hero is on button with QQ. Two limpers. I make it 3.5$ to go. SB call, all other fold. SB is not great player, he can call with Ax etc. any raise. We both have about 80$. So.. Flop comes 2 4 10 rainbow. Pot is 10$. He checks I bet pot. He calls. Turn is J. He cheks, I bet 30$. He calls, but with long time thinking... So i decided that he didnt have set. River is an A! I chech he pushes. Hero?...

meow_meow
07-05-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
100$ NL table. Blinds 0.50/1$. 10 handed game. Hero is on button with QQ. Two limpers. I make it 3.5$ to go. SB call, all other fold. SB is not great player, he can call with Ax etc. any raise. We both have about 80$. So.. Flop comes 2 4 10 rainbow. Pot is 10$. He checks I bet pot. He calls. Turn is J. He cheks, I bet 30$. He calls, but with long time thinking... So i decided that he didnt have set. River is an A! <font color="red"> I chech he pushes </font> . Hero?...

[/ QUOTE ]

????
He open pushes on the river?
tough one, but I think you can fold, even getting 3:1.

Keiju
07-05-2005, 09:50 AM
If hes a bad player Id say he didnt even consider you holding an overpair, he prob caught a pair of T's and thats why he took so long calling on the turn. After your check on the river he decides you have 2 over cards without an A, KQ or QJ, whatever.
He may have even thought that you have pockets but not above T.

But could he be that bad /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Probaly not so you gotta give him credit for an A or 2 pair(JT) or a very bad play that turned out to be a very good play after the A on the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PinkSteel
07-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Without a strong read that villain is capable of this bluff, fold.

After the river, either he's bluffing or you lose. Not-good players seem less capable of bluffs. If you really think he's capable of it then call; but it looks much, much more likely that he sucked out on you.