PDA

View Full Version : Teeth dreams

jgorham
07-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Have you ever dreamt that your teeth just randomly started falling out of your head? I did last night, and when I told my mom this morning she said that it is a very common dream. Which seems a bit odd to me. So that prompts the question, has it ever happened to you? Did the other people in the dream care (they didn't in mine)? Did you care? What the hell does it all mean?

AngryCola
07-05-2005, 06:03 AM
I've had this dream at least three times.

I'm always alone when it happens (in the dream), and I wake up extremely disturbed.

cpitt398
07-05-2005, 08:29 AM
its suppossed to mean you are holding something in or keeping a secret. I dont usually dream (or remember them), but Ive had that dream plently. Scares the [censored] outta me every time.

sfer
07-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes, regularly. Somewhere around 2-3 times a year I'll have this dream. Usually the crumble a bit before falling out.

Lalit Khajuria
07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Dont remember having this kind of dream. And actually this is the first time I even hear about this stuff.

bisonbison
07-05-2005, 09:39 AM
In my Psych 101 class (200+ people), the professor asks who's had dreams of flying. All the hands go up. Who's had dreams of their teeth breaking? About 20 hands go up.

"According to Freud, those dreams are a sign of guilt over excessive masturbation."

Talk2BigSteve
07-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I have had this dream too.

Steve

JMP300z
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
All the time...but im in dental school and see teeth all day and thought it was a product of that..

-JP

AngryCola
07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"According to Freud, those dreams are a sign of guilt over excessive masturbation."

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I should have known.

At least I now know how to 'cure' my bad teeth dreams, though. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PokerBob
07-05-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my Psych 101 class (200+ people), the professor asks who's had dreams of flying. All the hands go up. Who's had dreams of their teeth breaking? About 20 hands go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had this dream, and I beat the yank more than anybody. My conscience is clear. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stigmata
07-05-2005, 10:19 AM
What the hell does it all mean?

It could reflect anxiety about your appearance, a loss of power, or perhaps bruxism. More likely it's just random noise.

OtisTheMarsupial
07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
It's supposed to b a symbol of financial fear. It makes sense since oral health can be expensive and since poor people are often missing teeth.

But I don't buy the idea that dreams "mean" anything. They are just random thoughts tha sometimes can be useful to you personally to work some issue out but there are no universal meanings.

I used to have dreams about my teeth falling out. I was usually stressed out about something. Also, I used to work in the dental field, though, so teeth dreams were common then.

DemonDeac
07-05-2005, 11:38 AM
i learned about this in my personality psych class this year. it usually means that ur self-conscious about something and dont have that much confidence. but there are many theories.

Go Here (http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search= teethintro)

Blarg
07-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Dream interpretations have to be specific to the person having the dream.

I've had this dream quite a few times. To me it has always communicated a feeling of helplessness. Teeth are tools, even weapons. Without them, or losing them, for me at least, has always signaled feelings of some sort of impotence or fear of it, and despair over it. I usually have had it when I've felt like I've had a bunch of serious overlapping problems that I can't do anything about.

brassnuts
07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I've never had a dream that they're falling out. But, I have had a dream where my gums have decayed and my teeth grow really thin up to where they are actually meeting whats left of my gums. They're barely hanging in by a thread. I don't think I've had this dream since I quit smoking.

ChoicestHops
07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I get this dream alot. Actually I got it last week, except my teeth broke and/or crumbled, and it freaks the hell out of me.

wayabvpar
07-05-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, regularly. Somewhere around 2-3 times a year I'll have this dream. Usually the crumble a bit before falling out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto- they start breaking off and crumbling into pieces. Very disturbing.

SpearsBritney
07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I think it might have something to do with the sensation of air passing over them when your mouth falls open. Just speculating though.

beerbandit
07-05-2005, 03:34 PM
i think i had a dream once(fairly recently) that one of my teeth came out -- i think this is the only time this has happened

i really dont remember my dreams well, until something happens during the day to remind me

cheers

beerbandit
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much is excessive ----

guilt - never

AngryCola
07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto- they start breaking off and crumbling into pieces. Very disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is how mine 'fall out' too.

jgorham
07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
This is all quite bizarre. I am doing well financially, and am pretty confident in general, so I think Bison's interpretation is closest for me (of the ones listed). My girlfriend did just move to England for study abroad...

It was totally bizarre though - I woke up from the dream totally disturbed, but at like 8 in the morning. So of course I went back to sleep. I started dreaming that I was walking out of a movie theater with my friend, when suddenly my teeth started to fall out of my head again (first my fillings fell out, then my teeth). Cept this time I just said "meh, it happens all the time" and ignored it. And later in my dream they were back in my mouth...

Cunning Linguist
07-05-2005, 04:30 PM
My ex had this dream all the time. She used to say it symbolized changes in ones life.
I'd just smile, nod and then stick it in her pooper.

dlk9s
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I haven't had it in a while, but I used to have a recurring dream that I was biting down so hard that I forced my upper teeth out. My lower jaw would be jutted out so that the upper teeth bent backwards before snapping off.

Disturbing. Fortunately, it's been some time since I've dreamt this.

Blarg
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Jeez, now that is ugly.

Subfallen
07-05-2005, 07:21 PM
bisonbison is wrong. This dream is the sublimation of a subconscious desire to give better blowjobs. May I suggest you Talk2BigSteve (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sendprivate.php?Cat=&User=18614&Board=exchange&Num ber=2793345&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&sb =5&o=14&fpart=all&vc=1)?

BottlesOf
07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Yea, I've actually had a similar dream often. I'm usually chewing gum, and a tooth is loose, and it just comes out in the gum. Wow, I thought I was the only one...

offTopic
07-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Count me in...vivid dream, too. I have to take inventory when I wake up after that dream.

Willluck
07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a hillarious story, that would be so embarrassing to be one of the 20, did any chicks raise their hands?

bisonbison
07-05-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't remember. One guy I knew raised his hand.

Looking back, it was a cheap shot by a popular and knew it professor. Not terribly cheap, but pretty cheap.

Larimani
07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Yup. I've had this dream too a couple of times and they were extremely vivid... I could actually feel my teeth loosening up and starting to fall one by one and then quicker and quicker until they all dropped.

I've done some research on it & it IS a very common dream... and the fact that it always seems very vivid suggests that there is something special about it.

gorie
07-05-2005, 10:06 PM
i've had a lot of weird teeth dreams. falling out, being sized weird, loose teeth, suddenly sticking out funny, etc.

also something that comes to mind, i'll get a dream sometimes where i am constantly spitting gritty texture from my mouth, and it keeps coming. i associate this with the teeth dreams, because i think sometimes it starts out as a teeth dream or i have it around the same time. just made me think of it.

Willluck
07-05-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've had a lot of weird teeth dreams. falling out, being sized weird, loose teeth, suddenly sticking out funny, etc.

also something that comes to mind, i'll get a dream sometimes where i am constantly spitting gritty texture from my mouth, and it keeps coming. i associate this with the teeth dreams, because i think sometimes it starts out as a teeth dream or i have it around the same time. just made me think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-05-2005, 10:10 PM
thanks i missed it the first time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stanky
07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Here's what Pamela Ball in 10,000 Dreams Interpreted has to say.

"...teeth are supposed to stand for aggresive sexuality--although more properly they signify the growth process towards sexual maturity. Teeth falling or coming out easily indicates we are aware of going through some form of transition, similar to that from childhood to maturity, or from maturity to old age and helplessness. If one is anxious about teeth droping out it suggests there is a fear of getting old and undesirable, or an anxiety about maturing."

Willluck
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks i missed it the first time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]But it was funnier there because you're a girl.