PDA

View Full Version : flopped 2 pair played too slow?

Alpha13
07-05-2005, 03:22 AM
I recently found out some of my friends get together for a home game of NL holdem, tournament structure. All the guys know I play online and know what I'm doing (even though I'm a strict limit player) Everyone else is loose and passive.

Only hand I've played (maybe the 4th hand) was KJ, raised 5 sb preflop which flopped TP and went on to win with trips Js on the river, over QJ that I set all in. My image is definitely aggresive.

8 hands into the game this one comes up.

I'm MP with KhQd

EP, an extremely loose passive player limps. I raised 5 sb and get 4 callers.

Flop comes KQ3 2 spades

checked to me, I bet 5 sb, 3 callers including EP

Turn 3: I bet 10 BB, folded to EP who calls after encouragement from another guy (don't let him bully you dude!)

River: 5 completing 3flush, EP has 7.5 bb left and I set him all in.

My thoughts were that raising 5 BB or more would lose everyone, I'd wait until the turn to put in a large raise and hope to scoop then or make a flush draw pay dearly with terrible odds. (or if the flush came on the turn, put in the same raise and check behind the turn) Good/bad?

Thanks

donny5k
07-05-2005, 03:39 AM
That flop bet is tiny. REALLY tiny. I think your strict limit play has you waiting for the turn to do anything substantial which doesn't really make sense in a no limit game. You should be looking for ways to get all-in here, and also ways to protect your hand. You should probably be betting more than half the pot on this flop, and then pushing the turn.