PDA

View Full Version : Steamboatin Sucks at Poker but Tunica Poker ROCKS.

steamboatin
07-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Man this was a tough weekend for poker. I have some brand new bad beat stories but mostly I didn't play very well.

The new room at the Horseshoe is very nice and the staff and the dealers are good. Seems strange to play somewhere where they actually like poker players.

Rolled into Tunica about 11 PM Friday and played 10-20 at the Gold Strike Midnight until the game broke at 3:15 AM. 3-6 from then until 4 AM, this was my only winning session this weekend up $1.

Saturday 4-8 at the Shoe 7 AM until 9 AM, 10 AM Tourney at the Gold Strike, then on to the Grand.

4-8 at the Grand for about 1.5 hours until they called me to the pink chip game. PINK CHIPS ON BLUE FELT ARE A THING OF BEAUTY! I only played the Pink chip game about an hour and one half because the MRS wanted to go get some dinner. the buffet at the Grand is well within the acceptable range.

Back to the Gold Strike for 3-6 until 12:30 AM.

Sunday 6 AM at the Gold StrikeI sit at a short handed 5-10 game and after a few minutes two Asian guys wanted to bump the limits to 10-20. I am beating them not crushing them but gaining ground until the younger Asian guy flops a flush and I pay him off (Mistake on my part but He was a frequent bluffer and I thought I was in good shape.) He immediately leaves the game to go play No Limit and that breaks the game.

I head over to the Shoe for 10-20 and drop 25 big bets in about 3 hours. For the record, I was not outplayed. There were two or three players better than I but I was not the fish in this game. Back to the Gold Strike for a serious nap.

10-20 at the Gold Strike 7:30 PM untill 2 AM. Down 6 big bets but definetely not out played.

Sunday morning 6 AM I get my ass handed to me by a falling down drunk and a woman that didn't know how to play. I have KK and we cap it preflop. Flop comes Ace high so I just call. The woman is betting and the drunk is raising. I have been in the game for a while so I figure calls are safe. The woman catches a four on the turn to make a set and yells out loud so even the drunk knows to check it down. I make one crying call just in case but KK is no good. Very next hand, AK in the big blind, I reraise the lady, she raises and the drunk caps, flop is A high and I bet out and it gets capped, turn is a spade making three spades on the board turn is an A of spades and the lady raises thinking she has a straight, the drunk calls and I call. Drunk shows 8, 10 offsuit, ten of spades He capped the flop with 10-8 off suit but it was the nuts.

Things turned around and I was gaining serious ground by isolating these two but She rab out of chips and the floor made the drunk leave because He was falling out of his chair. I was still stuck a little when the MRS came down for breakfast and then it was time to head for home.

I had a good time and played a bunch of poker. I would have liked t0 post some better results but sometimes that is just how it is.