PDA

View Full Version : Questions about late tournament stages.

baronzeus
07-05-2005, 12:30 AM
I've read all the faq's and relevant strategy posts but want to make sure my understanding is correct.

1) When you are HU or 3-way, and the blinds are fairly large (BB = 400 or 500 or 600) it is usually right to push any 2 cards.
2) When it's folded around to you in the SB, and the blinds are fairly large, it is usually right to push any two.
3) When short stacks push ahead of you, you should fold most hands unless the pusher is a good player.
4) Minraising in late stages of tournaments is bad.

Are all of these things true?

pergesu
07-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I don't know about pushing any two, but it becomes correct to be like 1928347098125x more aggressive than early on, and way more aggressive than might seem logical to a beginner.

I'd say in general you need a rather strong hand to call an all-in, but coming from a small stack you don't need as much, simply because they can't bust you. But it all depends on stack sizes and how the table has been playing.

It's not a very good idea to just have a couple hard and fast rules...better to get a solid understanding of various situations, what the correct play is, and why it's so. Which you get from playing, posting, and hand analysis.