PDA

View Full Version : How often do you think this happens to you?

PokerBob
07-04-2005, 11:57 PM
IMO my fold here was warranted, but I am wondering how often you feel you fold the winner?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. UTG wins 9.20 BB. Villain showed 55. </font>

Jeff W
07-04-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO my fold here was warranted, but I am wondering how often you feel you fold the winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not often at all. Not worth worrying about. 1/12 maybe?

wheelz
07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Against a normal player, barely ever

timprov
07-05-2005, 12:07 AM
I almost always take the free card on this board.

DMBFan23
07-05-2005, 12:36 AM
it's pretty easy for you to be behind here, and when you are ahead you still get drawn out on up to ~40% of the time (if he has like JhKh). I pretty much always fold this without a read. against the loonies it's a fairly easy calldown and I see like K3 or whatever

PokerBob
07-05-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I almost always take the free card on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems like a lot of draws that I'm not crazy about givng a free one to here, as any A, K or /images/graemlins/heart.gif is bad for me here.

Are you then calling a non A-K river?

timprov
07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Seems like a lot of draws that I'm not crazy about givng a free one to here, as any A, K or /images/graemlins/heart.gif is bad for me here.

Are you then calling a non A-K river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced I'm ahead often enough to value-bet this, and when I am ahead it's not likely by a lot. If I'm going to put that bet in, I'd like to get a showdown out of it. I'll usually call a bet on the river, though that depends a lot on my table image and villain's.

If you bet, get called, and one of the many scare cards comes off on the river, are you paying off?

I think the only way I'm betting this is if I can be confident it will be the last bet I'll put in barring a river 9.

PokerBob
07-05-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think the only way I'm betting this is if I can be confident it will be the last bet I'll put in barring a river 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

My plan was to bet the turn and check behind on the river. I just don't like giving villain a chance to draw here.

timprov
07-05-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My plan was to bet the turn and check behind on the river. I just don't like giving villain a chance to draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is this is a way behind or slightly ahead hand, so he needs to be drawing way more than half of the time for the bet to be profitable.

However, if you're sure you won't get bet into on the river, or can safely fold to that bet, I think it's ok.

Nietzsche
07-05-2005, 06:34 AM
I think you played the hand perfectly. This sort of play by villian is rare at 5/10 and not worth worrying about.

I don't like checking the turn with a paired hand. He likely has 6 outs and you only 2. The chances you are ahead is maybe 40-50% - IMO good enough to protect your hand by betting the turn and hoping to fold his overcards or make him pay for his smaller pair. Usually a villian will let you know if you are beat - OK, so this time he lied /images/graemlins/crazy.gif