PDA

View Full Version : SQL Data Model for Hand History?

zkzkz
07-04-2005, 11:42 PM
I want to store my hand histories in a database but surely I'm not the first person to have thought of this? Is there some standard data model people use for storing hand histories in SQL databases?

In an ideal world what I would love to see is a perl script that takes a hand id from pokerroom.com and automatically downloads all the hands from that table loading them into a Postgres database.

If it doesn't exist I'll probably end up writing it but rather than invent my own data model it would be better if it were at least consistent with other people's databases so we can share tools and queries and even hand histories.

dealer_toe
07-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't know what an SQL database is, but Pokertracker keeps HH's

zkzkz
07-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah I'm told it keeps them in an Access database. That's sort of a poor man's version of an SQL database. I would be curious to see the data model for that. If I could be consistent with it without taking anything too boneheaded that would be cool. But Access wouldn't be my choice of tool.

bobdibble
07-05-2005, 03:04 AM
The beta version uses postgress sql.

jba
07-05-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm told it keeps them in an Access database. That's sort of a poor man's version of an SQL database. I would be curious to see the data model for that. If I could be consistent with it without taking anything too boneheaded that would be cool. But Access wouldn't be my choice of tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

access uses actual real sql, you should be able to use many sql or other rdbms tools to view and manipulate the data

sfer
07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
SQL is a standard, not a database.