PDA

View Full Version : I miss the beginner's forums!

ThaHero
07-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Been a while since I posted in here. Some may remember me and my (almost) weekly updates on my progress. Well thought I'd drop in.

Not playing limit anymore. Well, I still play a little limit live, but not online. I've transitioned into sit n gos. I've liked them so far. Started at the 11s, and was winning. Tried to go to the 22s, and started losing. Went back to the 11s. lol. But I still haven't gone bust. Knock on wood.

Anyway I know how much this forum meant to me as a beginner(I still am one pretty much) so I'm gonna try to spend a little more time here. Just wanted to update some on my progress. I'm gettin there!

Student
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, welcome back!

I too am a beginner, and I've experimented with posting on other Forums with mixed results. The Beginner's Forum has contributors who are quite expert, and they are here to help those of us who have genuine poker problems (and who doesn't, after all?). Thing is beginners have problems coming in from a hundred different directions, so the variety of our questions is truly amazing!

You were saying that you are playing at the SNGs (Sit aNd Go), and I assume you mean NL HE, eh? But your next reference lost me. What are the 11s and 22s? Surely you don't mean AA and 22 pairs... Help!

Dave

Weatherhead03
07-05-2005, 02:52 AM
11s and 22s are the amount you buy in for...11s are usually 10+1 for rake and 22s are 20+2 for rake.