PDA

View Full Version : Question About Chin Article

Timer
07-04-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thus a pure gutshot on the river needs about 0.7 extra big bets to call (ignoring implied odds). Drawing one card to a small set (d = 23) requires almost 3 more big bets. If you are drawing to one card on the river, you need about 5 extra bets. Of course if you are overbanked, these numbers diminish. But if you are underbanked, they grow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please correct me if (or where) I'm wrong, but in the above quoted text by "set" do you mean "pair." And also, wouldn't you need 10 extra bets if you are drawing to one card on the river?

[46 squared/200=10.58]

Thanks.

Xhad
07-04-2005, 10:48 PM
If someone said they were "drawing to a flush" you would assume they mean "drawing a card with the intention of improving to a flush" and not "drawing a card with the intention of improving a made flush". Similarly, by "draw to a small set" he would mean "draw with the intention of improving to a small set".

Timer
07-05-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone said they were "drawing to a flush" you would assume they mean "drawing a card with the intention of improving to a flush" and not "drawing a card with the intention of improving a made flush". Similarly, by "draw to a small set" he would mean "draw with the intention of improving to a small set".

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I've got it. Duh. Now it makes sense--but the main thing I wanted to know was about my second question. Shouldn't you want over 10 extra bets in the pot when you've only got one card to win instead of five?