PDA

View Full Version : iPod

Bulldog
07-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm about to buy an iPod. Anything special I should know? Key accessories? I'm leaning toward the 30 GB photo. I want it by Saturday (road trip). Good deals online ($329 at amazon) or just go to Circuit City or other?

Redmen62
07-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Re: Key accessories-

FM transmitters like the iTrip are a good way to be able to get your tunes out in different vehicles, I intend to keep mine even after I get my direct connection (Alpine 420) this weekend. Cases can be good, mine scratched pretty easily.

shadow29
07-04-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alpine 420

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there something like this for the DJ?

How does it work? (I don't have a head unit, just the standard Audi Bose system (96) and a 6 CD changer in the trunk.)

rt1
07-04-2005, 08:24 PM
case is a must, esp if you are working out with it. get something thin and light (just to keep the screen clean).

itrip is crap. get an icelink, its a little expensive, but its the best thing i ever got for my ipod.

the headphones that it comes with are crap, i would get the shure ear buds (ec2 thru ec5), they range from 100$-500$... youll be fine with any model.

TheIrishThug
07-04-2005, 09:12 PM
if ur car has a tape deck, just get a tape adapter. much cheaper and is the same quality.

DoubleClutch
07-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Better Headphones- What I own (http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=froogle&id=1003555)

Case- What I own (http://www.iskin.com/)

LoaferGee12
07-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Go for the iTrip only if you either A) want to take it around and play it anwhere or B) don't have a tape player to adapt with

Gallopin Gael
07-05-2005, 02:30 AM
iSkins rock.

Also check out the new itunes for some good podcasts. Anyone have any that they listen to on a regular basis. I've been dling Phil Gordon's WSOP podcast and just got the Chasing Lance at the Tour.

You might want to check into the 60GB as they have discontinued the 30GB ones (and the BW ones) and costco.com had the 60 for under 400.

correia
07-05-2005, 10:20 AM
1. The itrip fm transmitter is okay, but if you're looking for better sound quality definetly get the cassette adapter.
2. You're definetly going to want a new set of earphones as well.

gr8vertical
07-05-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if ur car has a tape deck, just get a tape adapter. much cheaper and is the same quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is no where near the same quality as hooking your iPod directly into your stereo...

augie00
07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Meh. I doubt the photo part is worth getting. But get it if you want, ipods are awesome.

edtost
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is no where near the same quality as hooking your iPod directly into your stereo...

[/ QUOTE ]

which can be done much more cheaply with a headphone->rca cable into the back of your head unit than this alpine thing.

Miggo
07-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Don't mean to highjack this thread, but it gets it bumped back up anyway.

Does anyone know where you can buy an Ipod or any electronic merchadise directly though Neteller? Any threads I've found about this all seemed to fade away without any real answers. Maybe I should take this as Neteller only being good for gambling sites, but I'll take a shot and ask anyway. aTdHvAaNnKcSe for any help.

David04
07-05-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh. I doubt the photo part is worth getting. But get it if you want, ipods are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, your choice is now: iPod Photo or a Mini/Shuffle. All the new iPods have color screens now(unless you buy an older one).

Anyways, get a 60GB iPod photo. Twice the capacity for around $70 more.

even if you don't have that much music, it is worth it to have that much space. You can use it to

******WARNING-POKER CONTENT******

back up PT files

******END POKER CONTENT******

or put any important files on there in case your computer craps out.

RacersEdge
07-05-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, your choice is now: iPod Photo or a Mini/Shuffle. All the new iPods have color screens now(unless you buy an older one).

even if you don't have that much music, it is worth it to have that much space. You can use it to

back up PT files

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care about photo or color screen either. Is there any good place to get the older version cheaper maybe besides ebay? Otherwise, I think I'm just getting a mini.

David04
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

back up PT files

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care about photo or color screen either. Is there any good place to get the older version cheaper maybe besides ebay? Otherwise, I think I'm just getting a mini.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somewhere like Amazon would be your best bet, otherwise I have no idea.

Bulldog
07-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks all. I got the 30 GB Photo at Circuit City tonight.

battschr
07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Better Headphones- What I own (http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3?refer=froogle&id=1003555)

Case- What I own (http://www.iskin.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the iSkins worth the money...I need some type of case.