PDA

View Full Version : Do dealers get in trouble? Should I have asked for a ruling?

lil'
02-07-2003, 06:31 PM
I was playing at Foxwoods on Wednesday night at the 5-10 table. I held pocket jacks, and this drunk but nice guy who was rasing a lot raised before me. We got it heads-up and the flop came down rags with a queen. Since he was buzzed it wasn't to hard to tell he held no queen and was calling with one overcard. The dealer goes to show us the turn, and suddenly the first flop card has vanished. The drunk guy becomes very happy and says, "We can chop it!" I smile and laugh, and say I don't really want to. At this point the table and the dealer start more or less putting some friendly pressure on me to chop it so the dealer won't get in a lot of trouble. Being the saint I am, I reluctantly agree to chop it, costing myself about 25-30 bucks. Sigh...

Would the dealer have gotten in serious trouble if I had insisted on a ruling? The table had a friendly atmosphere and I didn't want to ruin it for everyone. The ther guy admitted he was drawing dead to a king afterwards. Sigh...

bernie
02-08-2003, 10:47 AM
i wouldnt have chopped. this may only be a minor mistake so the dealer wont get into much trouble. stuff happens and they arent perfect....where did the flop card go? i wouldve called for the floor...give a room an inch, they may take it farther. no way.

unless it was agreed to be chopped post flop prior...like blinds in a JP situation, once the flop is there, it's a live hand...

b