PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in Vegas right now? (crazy ass satellite story included!)

TheUsher
07-04-2005, 07:19 PM
So here I am in Vegas hanging out with a bunch of cool 2+2'ers and I was wondering if anyone else was in Vegas right now for the WSOP? If so, PM me or something and we'll all hang out.

Here's a crazy ass satellite story from last night's $500+25 satellite at the RIO. Game originally started off 10 handed with Raptor/Irieguy/Me. Irieguy got knocked out pretty early when he limp/re-raised with AA and some dude called off half his stack trying to trip up, did so, and proceeded to river quads. (lorinda was that you?). Same guy then proceeds to bust MY AA while we're 4 handed when he calls my PF raise with Q8 and flops the second nut straight. Ok so anyways, final hand HU with the crazy luckbox and raptor goes as follows:

raptor (BB)
idiot (SB)

Chip counts were almost even but raptor had the lead. They still had about 30xBB between the 2 of them. (or so)

Idiot completes SB
raptor checks BB

Flop comes 764

Idiot says check but then gets told by dealer that he isn't first to act since he's the button.

Raptor then picks up on the amazing tell right there and bets 600

Idiot then proceeds to raise to 2000.

Raptor insta-pushes and the dude INSTA calls. Mind you calling raptor's push is HUGE because they still have big stacks.

Ok now for the hands:

Raptor shows Q5 for the openended straight draw
Idiot show T8 for... WHAT? NOTHING? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Ten high with the double gutter.

Turn proceeds to pair the board with a 4, river is a 3 to complete raptor's straight.

About 6 of us then proceed to bust out in laughter forever after this hand while we watch raptor win the 5120 first place with a dude who CALLS HU with TEN HIGH. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Needless to say that we were incredibly happy after this. We're also now 3/3 for these fun satellites which means that we're now going to play these forever long and PROFIT BITCH! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, anyone in the area, PM me or raptor so we could hang out.

P.S. I totally expect this thread to have much more content from the likes of raptor saying how he could crush these like they're 10+1's, how he's the best player ever, etc etc, you know all that bs. THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD ACTUALLY PLAY A HAND BEFORE WE GET 5 HANDED!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptor517
07-04-2005, 07:23 PM
BWAHAHAHHAHAHA. let me add, idiot guy was talking mad smack the entire game about how tight i played. i kept telling him i had no clue what i was doing, and that he is probably some professional hustling us, and nice call of a 700 chip rearaise on level 1 with 66 to suck out on irieguy. good play. also good play sucking out with Q8 against aces. that takes way more skill than i ever will have.

so na\turally, i hated this guy and wanted to stand up and kick him in the face. so naturally i talked mad shiet when i got to heads up and had him outchipped. this lead him to go on super duper uber tilt and call with TEN HIGH. gg no re. SHIP IT holla

johnnybeef
07-04-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BWAHAHAHHAHAHA. let me add, idiot guy was talking mad smack the entire game about how tight i played. i kept telling him i had no clue what i was doing, and that he is probably some professional hustling us, and nice call of a 700 chip rearaise on level 1 with 66 to suck out on irieguy. good play. also good play sucking out with Q8 against aces. that takes way more skill than i ever will have.

so na\turally, i hated this guy and wanted to stand up and kick him in the face. so naturally i talked mad shiet when i got to heads up and had him outchipped. this lead him to go on super duper uber tilt and call with TEN HIGH. gg no re. SHIP IT holla

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome, im so jealous

TheUsher
07-04-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealous enough to book a flight to Vegas and win a bagillion dollars in satellites with us?

raptor517
07-04-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealous enough to book a flight to Vegas and win a bagillion dollars in satellites with us?

[/ QUOTE ]

ba G illion?? no sir, its ba J illion. bagillion sounds like bagayllion. cant have that. gotta have the SOFT 'g' sound, using the j. holla

johnnybeef
07-04-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im still financially recovering from last month...ill see what i can do.

TheUsher
07-04-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im still financially recovering from last month...ill see what i can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the "PROFIT BITCH!" part of my post? /images/graemlins/wink.gif You'll totally kill the satellites but you'll have to do without the multi-tabling and rakeback parts, etc but you'll make like 0924802480234 times more. Fair trade right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bugstud
07-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Everyone needs to go to vegas so they can see it in person like I did. A masterpiece.