PDA

View Full Version : Boboquivari's trip report

Ulysses
07-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Went to Boboquivari's (http://www.boboquivaris.com/) with the boys Saturday night.

Me, Sucker, Boris, and GiftOfGab plus another couple of my buddies.

Boris and Sucker showed up having had a bottle of wine on the ride up. Nice work.

Before dinner, me and a buddy ordered real martinis. The rest of these clowns drank cosmos.

For appetizers we had grilled asparagus which was very good and bacon-wrapped scallops that were GREAT. The other guys ordered some mussels which they said sucked, but I don't eat that crap, so I dunno. The waitress took it off the bill, though. Sucker wanted crab cakes, but Boris would not allow crab cakes to be ordered at our table.

With the apps we had some wine from the Willamette Valley. It was so-so.

Three of us ordered bone-in filet mignon, which was a great, huge filet. Boris, Sucker, and Gab ordered the porterhouse. That was a lot of meat. The steak was great.

We had mac and cheese, spinach, and yams for sides.

With dinner we drank some Chateauneuf de Pape that was pretty good.

Then for dessert we had lots of dunce caps, little ice-cream cones filled with chocolate mousse.

Me and a buddy had a glass of black muscat. Boris rallied the rest of the troops for an after-dinner Herradura shot.

Then we went to 5 bars where one of us was pulled out of the line at virtually every bar and carded. HAHAHAHHAHHAHA.

Good times. OK. Almost time to start doing some grilling now.

Eurotrash
07-04-2005, 06:28 PM
i'm a fan of crab cakes. I think it's a shame they were banned.

also, is that your convertible Benz out front in the picture? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tron
07-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Seriously. The website says they are famous for their crab. What is up with banning crab cakes?

The Dude
07-04-2005, 07:26 PM
So apparantly I'm not the only one wondering why the hell crab cakes were vetoed.

[censored]
07-04-2005, 07:30 PM
banned crab cakes---WTF?

The Gift Of Gab
07-04-2005, 07:44 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH.

Ass.

2+2 wannabe
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
no offense, but this trip report is kind of....well....<font color="pink">non-masculine</font>

how does mac and cheese make the menu there?

Boris
07-04-2005, 08:56 PM
In the absence of crab, crab cakes are OK. However, crab cakes got nuthin, and I mean nuthin, on crab.

ThaSaltCracka
07-04-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the absence of crab, crab cakes are OK. However, crab cakes got nuthin, and I mean nuthin, on crab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boris, you sound like a party pooper.

stabn
07-04-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. The website says they are famous for their crab. What is up with banning crab cakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crab cakes are a waste of good crab.

Benal
07-04-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With dinner we drank some Chateauneuf du Pape that was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Ulysses
07-04-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no offense, but this trip report is kind of....well....<font color="pink">non-masculine</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken, man, it's hard to disagree. Especially with Boris, Gab, and Sucker ordering their kumquat cosmos and whatnot.

[ QUOTE ]
how does mac and cheese make the menu there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that was great. In fact, many great steak places make excellent mac and cheese.

In my defense, I have a bunch of people showing up soon and I have some outstandingly seasoned burgers and some hot dogs ready to toss on the grill. And some potato salad. And we're all going to drink lots of beers.

Of course, I have been relaxing on my balcony enjoying this beautiful warm day eating some potato chips and drinking some refreshing Gloria Ferrer Chardonnay while waiting for everyone.

OK. I wrote this a while back and didn't hit post. Back to masculinity. We have had about 100 outmeal stouts and belgian ales. And now we're teaching the girls poker. IF THAT'S NOT MASCULINE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

Lawrence Ng
07-05-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Before dinner, me and a buddy ordered real martinis. The rest of these clowns drank cosmos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying different martinis lately, my favorite being the sour apple and blue bomber. Some waitress threw a Sugardaddy at me once that tasted like cheapass bubblegum.

I'm not a big fan of the cosmo either.

Just wondering what martinis you tried and liked.

Thanks

Lawrence

TheWorstPlayer
07-05-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And now we're teaching the girls poker. IF THAT'S NOT MASCULINE I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
stakes?

Ulysses
07-05-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying different martinis lately, my favorite being the sour apple and blue bomber. Some waitress threw a Sugardaddy at me once that tasted like cheapass bubblegum.

I'm not a big fan of the cosmo either.

Just wondering what martinis you tried and liked.

Thanks

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

The two men in the group had dry Bombay Sapphire martinis with a couple of olives.

The other guys had various types of cosmos masquerading as "martinis."

mmbt0ne
07-05-2005, 02:26 AM
One day I want to go to dinner in Diablo's group.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Chateauneuf de Pape

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the only one who started rapping Beastie Boys here right?

usmfan
07-05-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The two men in the group had dry Bombay Sapphire martinis with a couple of olives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A Martini is either vodka or gin, vermouth, olive juice (dirty) and olives. If it's an onion, it's a gimlet. OTW, it's just another drink served neat in a martini glass. No such thing as an appletini or cosmo martini or chocolate martini, etc. I'm all in favor of girly drinks occasionally, but don't call it a martini.

TylerD
07-05-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm fine like wine when I start to rap.

Boris
07-05-2005, 12:26 PM
This was before I partook of the Fernet.

Allan
07-05-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A Martini is either vodka or gin, vermouth, olive juice (dirty) and olives. If it's an onion, it's a gimlet. OTW, it's just another drink served neat in a martini glass. No such thing as an appletini or cosmo martini or chocolate martini, etc. I'm all in favor of girly drinks occasionally, but don't call it a martini.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people don't think a vodka martini is a martini. You got the gimlet and the gibson mixed up. A gimlet is another sweet drink, the gibson has the onion.

Allan

RacersEdge
07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
crab cakes out, mac and cheese in???????

Boris
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
My kumquat martini was above average. You haters were just too insecure with your manliness to drink one in public.

usmfan
07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
True. I confused the gibson and gimlet. I should get some slack as I haven't tended bar in over ten years.

Matt Flynn
07-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Boris is right crab cakes are dubious and never great. Steak Diane without the bernaise sauce, otoh....

Your Mom
07-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Is Lombard Street that twisty motherfucking stree? Only been to SF once and I was like 12.

nolanfan34
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the apps we had some wine from the Willamette Valley. It was so-so.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll bite. Where from?