PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Questions

CaptnCarlG
07-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Alright, for the player ratings on PokerTracker, it reads something like this:

Loose-Aggressive/Passive
Tight-Aggressive/Passive
Really Shitty-Aggressive/passive

Are the aggresiveness ratings set up pre-flop/post-flop or what?

Also...on gametime+ overlay the last stat reads "Postflop AF" what does that mean?

Also.. does VP$IP include only bets? or is calling considered voluntary as well?

Many Thanks

AKQJ10
07-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm not a PT maven by any means -- I've just used the eval copy -- but in the interest of getting you a quick reply I'll try to answer based on limited knowledge. Hopefully more knowledgeable PT users will correct me where appropriate.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the aggresiveness ratings set up pre-flop/post-flop or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they're based on both preflop and postflop opportunities to raise.

Aside: IIRC the formula is generally raises or bets /checks + calls. I remember this because I thought this was counterintuitive -- seems to me that aggressive actions / opportunities makes more sense than aggressive actions / non-aggressive actions. The former is a percentage; the latter, a ratio. Tomato - Tomahto, I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
Also...on gametime+ overlay the last stat reads "Postflop AF" what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggression factor, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Also.. does VP$IP include only bets? or is calling considered voluntary as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly includes calling. I believe this is just a preflop statistic - in other words, it counts the % of hands
that a player voluntarily got involved in, either through calling or [re]raising. I forget how the small blind is counted in a limped pot -- probably as voluntarily putting money in. The big blind is counted only if he called a raise, I believe.

But I hope others will post to confirm or correct my educated guesses. Also the Software forum possibly has old threads on this topic.

CaptnCarlG
07-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks a lot for your help. However I believe I phrased my first question wrong, either that or im too dense too understand your response my assumption on the player labels is thus:

loose PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE

the PASSIVE relates to the player's pre-flop actions, and the AGGRESSIVE to the player's post-flop actions.

Is this correct?

Or were you telling me that the labels relate to a players tendency to bet and raise over call and check?

AKQJ10
07-04-2005, 07:23 PM
OK, just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm assuming PT uses passive/aggressive and loose/tight to mean the same things they mean here: http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Game_texture

This is pretty standard for most poker literature. Passivity is the opposite of aggressiveness, and a passive player can be anywhere along the loose/tight spectrum and still be passive. Just making sure we're speaking the same language -- I don't mean to imply that you're using these incorrectly or anything.

Now, I started PT (eval) to try to find what you're talking about, but I'm not finding it. Where are these player ratings? I thought I remembered aggression factor being in one of the reports, but I'm not finding it.

Sorry I'm not helping much.

jb9
07-04-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
loose PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE

the PASSIVE relates to the player's pre-flop actions, and the AGGRESSIVE to the player's post-flop actions.

Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is correct.

Loose refers to VP$IP
Passive refers to preflop raise percentage
Aggressive refers to postflop aggression (combines flop, turn, and river action)

A loose passive/aggressive plays a lot of hands, rarely raises preflop, but often bets, raises, or folds postflop (if I understand correctly, folding is neutral as far as aggression factor goes).

jb9
07-04-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are these player ratings?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ratings are set up under "Utility" "Auto Rate Players".

It's fairly complicated and I remember being fairly intimidated until I read a few guides (found them through the pokertracker.com forum, I believe).

Anyway, most limit players use settings that are similar and rate players based on VP$IP, Preflop raise %, and postflop aggression factor.

Thus giving the three term definitions for players -- loose/passive/aggressive or tight/aggressive/aggressive (usually truncated to tight aggressive) or loose/passive/passive (usually truncated to loose passive or "fish").

CaptnCarlG
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
That ironed out everything, thanks for the help guys