PDA

View Full Version : QQ to reraise early, $215

MSUcougar
07-04-2005, 05:30 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2309480641 *****
NL Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:13650365 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Monday, July 04, 17:05:57 EDT 2005
Table Table 13293 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 6: drekomp ( $1000 )
Seat 7: WSUbobcat ( $1000 )
Seat 3: minosreef ( $985 )
Seat 2: soosyrv ( $975 )
Seat 5: Taveren422 ( $1725 )
Seat 10: Bloodthurst ( $1000 )
Seat 8: tommok168 ( $1000 )
Seat 4: ofactor ( $415 )
Seat 9: maxthegreat ( $1000 )
Seat 1: Altitude16 ( $900 )
Trny:13650365 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to WSUbobcat [ Qh Qc ]
Taveren422 calls [15].
drekomp raises [45].
WSUbobcat raises [100].
tommok168 folds.
maxthegreat folds.
Bloodthurst folds.
Altitude16 folds.
soosyrv folds.
minosreef folds.
ofactor folds.
Taveren422 folds.
drekomp raises [255].
WSUbobcat... ???

Thoughts on my initial raise and the best action after the reraise?

It's like the 3rd hand of the tourney, so no reads...

MSUcougar
07-04-2005, 07:05 PM
In lower buyins I pushed this... I think this is a push/fold spot...

Thoughts? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TheUsher
07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Fold. drekomp has AA there. I'd expect nothing less from him. If against an unknown, I'd say that it's harder to say but playing against drekomp a couple of times before I'd be pretty confident to say his range for that re-raise is KK+ with a much higher probability of AA because of the perfect raise amounts he displayed.

MSUcougar
07-04-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. drekomp has AA there. I'd expect nothing less from him. If against an unknown, I'd say that it's harder to say but playing against drekomp a couple of times before I'd be pretty confident to say his range for that re-raise is KK+ with a much higher probability of AA because of the perfect raise amounts he displayed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, thanks for the player-specific analysis. I actually put him on AA/KK without knowing anything about him specifically and folded. I just didn't see how a competent $215er could make that raise with anything less than AA/KK given I showed significant strength (I think?) with my raise.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's "seeing monsters under the bed" to quickly assume a reraise like this is AA/KK all/most of the time and fold QQ (without any reads). The likeliness of this being true would go up with the buyins, I'm sure.

TheUsher
07-04-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, thanks for the player-specific analysis. I actually put him on AA/KK without knowing anything about him specifically and folded. I just didn't see how a competent $215er could make that raise with anything less than AA/KK given I showed significant strength (I think?) with my raise.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's "seeing monsters under the bed" to quickly assume a reraise like this is AA/KK all/most of the time and fold QQ (without any reads). The likeliness of this being true would go up with the buyins, I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the thing. If an unknown it might be a little tougher but there's just so many regulars at the 215's where hands like these get a little easier I think. Only problem now is trying to figure out all the habits of all the regulars. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Are you moving up btw or just taking shots? If moving up, GL, and I'll probably see you around soon after I get back from Vegas. I hope you're not 4+ tabling though because then it's ANOTHER 2+2'er to play with where it'll be like more than half of all the tables now populated with trout. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MSUcougar
07-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Ya I have about 150 $215s under my belt 4-tabling and plan to continue. Things are going well so far. I've had some great success in MTT's in the past month or so to put my bankroll where this should be easily manageable.

Feel free to avoid my tables /images/graemlins/tongue.gif