View Full Version : ITM hand with (gasp) flop play

45suited
07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
PP $22. 3 handed. Blinds 50-100

UTG (3050) raises to t200
SB (3200) calls t150
BB Hero (1750) dealt 5h 8h calls t100

Flop (t600) 5s 6c 7h
SB checks, Hero bets t500, UTG folds, SB raises all-in, Hero calls (t1050)

Comments on all streets appreciated. I think that the call of the all-in is a no-brainer, my main questions are:

1) Is the pre-flop call horrible (getting 5:1) for 1/16th of my stack?

2) How does everyone else handle the flop? Isn't leading out mandatory or is it too aggressive?

Thanks for your comments.

Bigwig
07-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd fold preflop.

On the flop, I check raise.

45suited
07-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Say one of the two opponents puts in a flop size bet, I take it that you're checkraising all-in, correct? I can't see laying this hand down post flop once I'm in the money...

I'm playing for first. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ZBTHorton
07-04-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Say one of the two opponents puts in a flop size bet, I take it that you're checkraising all-in, correct? I can't see laying this hand down post flop once I'm in the money...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your playing for the most ROI end result.

Bigwig
07-04-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd check raise all-in. I WANT to check raise all-in. What I hate here is betting 300-400, getting flat called, and have the turn come with a big card.

EverettKings
07-04-2005, 06:37 PM
A lot of the value of your hand lies in fold equity. If you lead out, someone may raise (all in no doubt) as a semi bluff or with a weak made hand (better than yours). This you do NOT want. An open bet will fold out trash and get action from lots of good-to-marginal hands that beat you. Yuck.

If you check, those same hands stab as you did for 500, then YOU can get all in and they get the chance to fold their A6. Open pushing is too big of an overbet for my tastes. A checkraise all in is clearly the best line IMO.

Of course if someone is mean enough to make a pot committing bet on the flop, you may have to toss it. You probably weren't getting that hand out anyway.

Kings

45suited
07-04-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I WANT to check raise all-in. What I hate here is betting 300-400, getting flat called, and have the turn come with a big card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wouldn't want that either. That's why I put in a substantial flop bet. I suppose I should've folded pre-flop. I guess I was looking at the fact that there was a large separation between the two bigstacks and me and that the pot odds were worth seeing a cheap flop in an effort to double up. The 100 chips to call weren't significant from the standpoint of me getting back into the game.

I do like the C/R all-in better though... I knew my flop bet just didn't feel right...

Bigwig
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Calling preflop isn't terrible or anything. I just think that I'd rather conserve chips with my stack size and wait for a time to double up.