PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do I use the hand converter

blackize
07-04-2005, 04:27 PM
When I click the link I just see the code.

benneh
07-04-2005, 04:42 PM
are you using internet explorer?

Coolidge
07-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I had a problem too. When I copy and pasted the hand into the converter, it wouldn't let me convert. I can't remember what it said. I play at PP so I know it works with that site. What exactly do I copy. I know for the holdem converter you need to copy the hand starting at ****. Is it the same for the stud converter?

blackize
07-04-2005, 07:01 PM
No I'm using firefox. Ill try it with IE and see what happens.

blackize
07-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Ok well the applet loads in IE, but I get an invalid input error message when I copy and paste directly from the hand history.

lstream
07-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Blackize,

I use firefox as well - here is what I do. Once you get to the point of seeing the code, copy all of it to the clipboard. Open up the notepad and paste it in. Then save the file with a .hta extension. You can then run it directly from you machine.

Running scripts directly like this is one of the things that scares me about Explorer. It means that some could create a link to an undesireable program, and just clicking on the link causes it to execute. I am not sure of the type of damage this could do in the wrong hands.

I also think firefox is a better browser anyway.

blackize
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Umm a little help here?

bigredlemon
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
you can't use instant party histories since it doesn't contain info on opponent's cards