PDA

View Full Version : Soccer people, a question?

[censored]
07-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Who is that one kid doing that signed that huge deal with Nike, I think his same was Freddie something.

Is he good? Great? Overrated?

Josh W
07-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Freddie Adu.

He was 14. He's still young. Impossible to say if he's overrated yet. I know nothing about soccer, so I don't know if he's good.

tbach24
07-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I saw him play once and he made everyone else look like they were standing still.

Jack of Arcades
07-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Freddy signed with DC United at 14, and he just turned 16 one month ago.

This year, he leads the team in assists (an MLS stat only) despite only playing in about half the minutes (due to the World Youth Cup). I don't think Freddy scored in the Cup, in fact, I think he missed a penalty....

KDawgCometh
07-04-2005, 05:18 PM
its freddy adu. he's 16 right now. Like jack said, he's leading in assists. I heavily watch MLS and all things world football. He really hasn't looked out of place since he started playing in the MLS and has improved every season so far. He's only 16 and probably won't move from the MLS until he hits 21 or 23, so america will have him for a while. Just remember that because he plays the no.10 on the field(playmaker) that he won't score as many goals as people would expect