PDA

View Full Version : Totally bizarre full house hand

private joker
07-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero ...

Hybrid_11
07-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Raises the river then calls a 3-bet with no reads. I would consider capping if you know BB to be aggresive. Looks like he slowplayed an 8. Only two real hands to be afraid of here q8 and 82, 86 is possible but you do hold 2 sixes so not as likely. Im raising because more often then not hes just gonna show you trips.

Evan
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Raise-call. Also, raise preflop.

Dan Rutter
07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raises the river then calls a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
07-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Villain was in the BB and got a free look at the flop and a cheap turn; I think this allows us to open up our range of hands for him -- Q8, 82, and 86 are more possible than usual, though I also think A8 and K8 are likely.

I raised, intending to call a 3-bet, but Villain just called. That made me happy, but then he turned over Q8 and I was unhappy. But then I was happy again that he saved me 1 BB and then I was unhappy when I realized a raise PF could possibly have won me the pot.

Aside: no one mentioned my flat-call on the flop; I guess this means it was okay.

The Dude
07-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Easy river raise. I'm also capping if he 3-bets. (I would consider not if it weren't capped at 4, but since it is I'm not thinking twice.) BTW, raise preflop.

Chairman Wood
07-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Okay, depending on the read on MP1 and what your reads are on the blinds, I think there is some merit in a PFR. This is situational though.
Flop: Okay, whatever.
Turn: All cool
River: I think you could pop it one more. I would normally and just call a 3-bet.

private joker
07-05-2005, 12:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Okay, depending on the read on MP1 and what your reads are on the blinds, I think there is some merit in a PFR. This is situational though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there definitely is merit in raising PF. The reason I didn't is because the blinds here were both loose and I didn't like 66 3- or 4-way for 2 bets. My line there is around 77/88 for raising, and 22-66 I'm limping or folding, depending, etc. With extremely tight blinds, I'll raise down to 44.

But I had a conversation with Evan about the merits of raising 66 there, and I'll tell a funny story.

An hour after that conversation, I drove down to Hustler and played 6/12 live. A hand came along where there was one limper, and I was in the CO with 66, with 3 loose players left to act behind me. I raised anyway. Button called (with AQ, important to the story), SB folded, and BB called (with AK, also important), and limper called.

Flop comes J45, checked to me, I bet. AQ folds, AK calls, and limper folds. Turn is a Q. BB checks, I bet, BB calls. Oops, I'm done with the hand. River is 3. BB checks, I check. BB turns over A-high, I win with 66. Button then bitches for 2 hours about me making her fold AQ when she would have turned top pair.

colgin
07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I raise and call a three-bet. Against certain players I might cap but not against an unknown. There are a lot of players in this game that won't cap the river without the nuts, especially after you capped the turn.

mscags
07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Raise all day long and be happy about it. If he caps it with you though, don't be shocked to see a bigger FH unless this guy is a total donk, which might be true.