PDA

View Full Version : bottom set w/ action

sirtimo
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Online .50/$1...@ Bugsys Club

I've been at the table about 4 orbits. Nothing major happening. Button had been the most rowdy so far. I had folded QJs on a Jxx board when he had raised my potsized bet another $30 earlier. The rest I had no reads on.

Relevant stacks... Hero (EP) $50, MP $50, MP+1 $50, LP $200, Button $125

Hero limps in EP w/ 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, MP, MP+1, LP all limp. Button raises to $3.50 all call.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif pot ~$20

So I hit my set and its a coordiated board so I figure I need to hit it hard. With this many people in the pot (esp the Button) and I'm first to act, I check looking to raise hard when it gets around. I pretty much decided to go to the felt here.

MP bets $4, MP+1 calls, LP calls, Button calls. So the pot is ~$36, $4 to me and I have ~$45 left. I raise making it $40 to go( yeah I shoulda just put it all in). Called by MP and MP+1, LP and button fold.

Turn - A /images/graemlins/club.gif. The last $3 or $4 goes in between me and MP+1.

River is a brick.

My questions are.... should I have led out on the flop $15 or so? I felt pretty confident I would get action and then I could check/raise.

Should I have raised less? maybe $20? Thats about 1/2 my stack so any real raise pot commits me. Am I only going to get called by hands that are beating me here or is this just prudent to price out the draws?

Once the action gets back to me and the pot is that large, but being played fairly passivly, should my choice be to go to the felt or to take another card off and choose then?

My gut instinct is that I will be ahead here the majority of the time and that I need to play it aggressivly to push out potential straight and flush draws, or at least give them the wrong price to draw.

regards,
Tim

swolfe
07-04-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah, lead the flop, although a check-push isn't bad as short as the stacks are. it would have been nice if the better had bet something close to the pot.

sirtimo
07-04-2005, 09:49 PM
bump

Malachii
07-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I would lead out for 20$. Best way to protect your hand.