PDA

View Full Version : Good solid playing or spewing chips?

TMFS9
07-04-2005, 03:30 PM
I had been sitting out a while and just returned to the table. Villan had sat down while I was away and is unknown with 45/20 statistics over ~70 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks (with the intention of folding to a bet), CO checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Zele
07-04-2005, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't call you weak for check-folding the flop, but with 6 very credible outs and the possible best hand I like it. I also like the turn and I reluctantly like the river.

Surfbullet
07-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm a fan of these plays once in awhile - the issue, though, is that it requires an investment of 2 SB on the flop and 1BB on the turn to give most players a chance to fold - so we have to be ahead often because we are investing 4 SB to win 8.

My verdict is that I like this type of play better in position - the river becomes very very difficult to play without specific reads...if I know he is a habitual bluffer it becomes an easy check-call. If he's a rock it's an easy check-fold...if he's unknown we make lots of mistakes. While your hand has 5 solid outs and 1 decent out, our reverse implied odds are really bad here, and we won't know if he's calling because he's hit a 3 or because he's got a spade draw.

Most players wont fold for 1 more bet on the flop. He might pick up a 1 card /images/graemlins/spade.gif draw on the turn. He might just call down with 55 or bluff you out of the pot on the river with a whiffed diamond draw. If he were more predictable, or our hand was a bit stronger, I'd like it - otherwise I think this is a bit too thin.

Surf

Xhiggy
07-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't like it that much. I don't think a 45/20 villain is folding a middle pair here as the board is way too "drawy" so the only hands that you could hope the villain to have are high cards without an ace. I'd just call the flop and get paid off when I hit. and who knows, the villain might check behind on the turn with a middle pair.

TMFS9
07-04-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a 45/20 villain is folding a middle pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[ QUOTE ]
so the only hands that you could hope the villain to have are high cards without an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this encompasses a pretty wide range from a 45/20 villan open raising in the CO.

Actually the more I think about the hand the more I like the line of calling the flop and leading a non broadway turn.

TMFS9
07-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Surf,

What do you think of calling the flop bet and then leading a non broadway turn. I think this will have the same effect of allowing him to get off of broadway cards and we get to see the turn before making a decision to tie us to the pot also we invest 1 sb less.

krishanleong
07-04-2005, 04:28 PM
I hate it.

Fold the flop or turn.

Krishan

dave44
07-04-2005, 05:25 PM
I would just call the flop with my gutshot and chance at being ahead. If villain bets the turn again I think we're no longer good here enough to warrant continuing and fold. If he checks behind, I'd check-call the river.

DMBFan23
07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
my vote is the turn, I wouldn't like a flop fold a whole lot

ISF
07-04-2005, 05:36 PM
looks perfect. Cant fold the flop, as you likely have 6 outs, and if he doesnt have an ace he will probably fold the turn. When he doesnt you check fold.